No announcement yet.

Unconfirmed Report: Tucker Suspended Indefinitely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's not like we just cut Thompson.... Nick Johnson was a hell of a pick up last season

Comment

And Sean West pitched decently as a rushed rookie. It's not like it was a career ending injury, he'll be back in a few weeks.
      poop

Comment

Just in case there were still any doubters....

May 2010 Select Month
        Pacific Coast League Transactions
        Date Type Club Player Description
        05/20/2010 Suspension New Orleans Zephyrs Ryan Tucker RHP Ryan Tucker suspended.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
          So, of the 5 pitchers we took in the first round of '05, all we really have to show for it right now is Volstad. Thompson is now with the Nats, Marceaux was released, West is hurt and now Tucker has been suspended indefinitely. At least we got something to show for it.

IIRC, Tucker was suspended once before for throwing a fit on the mound (in Jupiter I believe) when the manager went to take him out. Sounds like he hasn't worked his anger management issues yet.
          If West can come in and be a decent 3-5 starter and Tucker a reliable BP arm, which is still quite possible, I see no problem with that. The draft is such a crapshoot and to go 3 for 5 would be fairly decent.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
            If West can come in and be a decent 3-5 starter and Tucker a reliable BP arm, which is still quite possible, I see no problem with that. The draft is such a crapshoot and to go 3 for 5 would be fairly decent.
            There is a few problems with Tuck though. One, now he's suspended for who knows how long. Two, the organization is very unhappy with him. Three, will they call him up if needed after they have had to suspend him? Four, he is out of options next year, is he ready and does he deserve it now?
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
            X