• Daniel Pertusati, OF

Full Name: Daniel Pertusati
    Born: 04/27/1990
    Birthplace: Ontario, CA
    Height: 6' 1"
    Weight: 185
    Bats: R
    Throws: R

Selected by the Florida Marlins in the 13th round of the 2008 First-Year Player Draft.
    Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 06-10-2011, 04:40 PM.

He's knocking the cover off the ball.

Jacksonville Suns outfielder Danny Pertusati says he’s more of a line-drive hitter, someone who specializes in getting on base with singles and doubles.

Pertusati may have to adjust that belief. He looked more like a cleanup hitter following his two home runs and a triple Friday afternoon in the Suns’ 11-5 thrashing of the Mobile BayBears at the Baseball Grounds.

The win guaranteed Jacksonville (27-21 in the second half, 60-58 overall) of retaining at least a share of first place in the Southern League South Division.

The Suns unleashed a 13-hit attack that was led by the first four batters in the lineup. That quartet — Jake Smolinski, Pertusati, Zack Cox and Ben Lasater — combined for 10 hits, 10 RBI and scored seven times.

No one hit with the power of Pertusati. He clubbed a two-run homer in the first inning, added a solo shot in the sixth and in between sent a deep drive into the gap in left-centerfield for a two-run triple. He finished with five RBI and scored four runs. All four of Pertusati’s home runs in his 16 games with the Suns since July 19 have come against Mobile.

“I’m really more of a line-drive hitter. I came up here as being strong opposite field,” the 22-year-old right-handed hitter said. “I’ve been getting a lot of pitches inside and I’ve taken advantage of it. I’ve felt good at the plate lately and have been able to get some good wood on the ball.”

Pertusati’s 11 total bases were the most by a Suns player since 2010 when outfielder Mike Stanton clobbered three home runs in a game.
    http://jacksonville.com/sports/baseb...#ixzz23Ey5h6Qq
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
    X