Considering Going to See the Grasshoppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering Going to See the Grasshoppers

Thinking about taking a trip in June or July to see the Grasshoppers. Always heard it was a nice stadium(and just by looking at pictures I could see that), the tickets are cheap and the flight cost wouldnt be all that bad. Just wondering if anyone has been to a game there and if there are any tips(restaurants, hotels, what time to get to the park, etc), I would be much appreciated.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Originally posted by Todd View Post
    Thinking about taking a trip in June or July to see the Grasshoppers. Always heard it was a nice stadium(and just by looking at pictures I could see that), the tickets are cheap and the flight cost wouldnt be all that bad. Just wondering if anyone has been to a game there and if there are any tips(restaurants, hotels, what time to get to the park, etc), I would be much appreciated.

Todd, been there multiple times. I think we stayed at the downtown Hilton. You could actually see the Park from our window. Walking versus driving and parking is nice.

The setting is great. Go on Thirsty Thursday - big crowds & obviously the beer is cheaper. Sit out by the left field foul pole - bar is there, great view too. Friday they usually have fireworks. Great show.

If you stay downtown, they don't open up the park until an hour before the game. Kyle slipped me in to watch BP which is usually earlier in the afternoon. However, right field (and it is a short porch) is right up along the Street and you can watch from there if you can stand the afternoon heat. Stanton hit a bunch over the fence the day we were there and we ended up taking a dozen baseballs home.

The town is big enough that finding good places to eat is not too tough. However, there is not much downtown in the way of food. I think there are bars down there but I did not go to any afterwards. You'll have a good time.

Comment

Thanks. Much appreciated.

I actually planned this a few years ago, and the idea was to get to a Grasshoppers and then a Mudcats game and make a week of it.
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Todd seen many games there, great organization great people ,you'll have a great time in that city NCdad gave you some information .try the bar behind the left field fence out side the stadium .that is were everybody goes before the game and after the game .Everything in town closes early so remember that . eat the great food at the stadium

Comment

Thanks. Much appreciated.

I actually planned this a few years ago, and the idea was to get to a Grasshoppers and then a Mudcats game and make a week of it.

Minor League baseball is so much fun to watch. When you go to a place like Greensboro with their ginormous crowds (most of the time), it really is the best family entertainment package out there IMO. Going to a Hammerheads game with 500 people just isn't the same...

Comment

I went to a Peoria Chiefs game several years ago, back when they were a Cardinals affiliate. You can get airfair really cheap to Greensboro roundtrip right now, just over $200 from St. Louis.
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

I went to a Peoria Chiefs game several years ago, back when they were a Cardinals affiliate. You can get airfair really cheap to Greensboro roundtrip right now, just over $200 from St. Louis.
              This post made me make a scrunchy face and then I giggled and then I said to myself, "are you for real?"

Comment

What?
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

I'm going to a Montgomery Biscuits game this season for sure. They are like 35 mins down the highway. Partly because it would be cool to see a Tampa affiliate and partly because I want one of those ridiculous hats.
                  --------------------
                  Last edited by Bingebag; 01-22-2010, 03:09 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Do they sell biscuits and gravy at concession stands? If so, that would be an epic win?
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

I will be seeing the Grasshoppers on either May 12, 13, or 14.

Comment

I am thinking June or July.
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                        X