Dominguez Flashes Leather in AFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominguez Flashes Leather in AFL

Can't get the whole thing because I'm not an insider, maybe someone who is can post it.

If you're a pitcher on the Mesa squad, you're lobbying to have Florida Marlins third baseman Matt Dominguez and Boston Red Sox shortstop Jose Iglesias man the left side of the infield when you take the hill. Both are the best I've seen in the minors defensively at their respective positions this season. (Mesa also can have the Chicago Cubs' Starlin Castro, a natural shortstop who is a 60 fielder with a 70 arm on the 20-80 scouting scale, play second base.) However, both have questions about their offense.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...e%3dgrey_jason
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

The ball just doesn't go anywhere when Iglesias squares it up, and I haven't gotten a plus running time on him (as opposed to someone like the San Diego Padres' Everth Cabrera). For all of Dominguez's potential as a first-round pick in 2007, he has a late wrist cock as he starts his swing that can make him late to the ball, which is a problem. He also needs to handle breaking balls better, as he gets out on his front foot and messes up his timing. They both are major league-ready with the glove but still works in progress offensively, and they don't project to contribute with the bat in the near future.
    That's the next paragraph. The rest of the article talks about other guys/teams in the Arizona Fall League.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
      The ball just doesn't go anywhere when Iglesias squares it up, and I haven't gotten a plus running time on him (as opposed to someone like the San Diego Padres' Everth Cabrera). For all of Dominguez's potential as a first-round pick in 2007, he has a late wrist cock as he starts his swing that can make him late to the ball, which is a problem. He also needs to handle breaking balls better, as he gets out on his front foot and messes up his timing. They both are major league-ready with the glove but still works in progress offensively, and they don't project to contribute with the bat in the near future.
      That's the next paragraph. The rest of the article talks about other guys/teams in the Arizona Fall League.
      I had to read the bolded part twice.

Comment

Working...
      X