CSBC Inaugural Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fishfan79 View Post
    gotchas so lots of errors hmm was considering reyes at the 2nd base he played some before but not listed here for an option was going to see how that worked and all
    Having one player learn a position at the ML level isn't going to kill you. Also, since Reyes is so young, it wouldn't be a bad idea to give you flexibility with him down the road. Also, it takes roughly one year of games for a player to completely learn a position.

Comment

• nny, The fella made of yarn in your avatar has some nice titties

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandroimbuto
        If you are such an expert, how come you never won the title in the TBBC?
        Because flum hated me so re-simmed it after I won
        --------------------
        Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
        nny, The fella made of yarn in your avatar has some nice titties
        thank you
        Last edited by nny; 10-11-2009, 11:16 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• XD Nny, but seriously... he knows his stuff. There's a reason he had like 20M payroll and still made the playoffs, or seriously contended....
          CSBC Commish

Comment

I wiped the floor with his team
            I prefer paper towels to wipe a floor, it prevents that sticky feeling.

Besides, isn't wiping the floor with a team kinda the same thing as what a team does to the floor?

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
              Moving it into this thread from the actual draft thread I think we need to look for a replacement for Juniors team as well seeing as how I don't think he has made one pick for his team. Also, is it really that hard to make a list of players and/or just say you want the best available player at X position for this pick?
              We already had another owner quit so we really wouldn't need to find a replacement for Junior. We could just remove his team and the team of the other guy that quit.

Oh, and Swift, I will be able to make my own picks now so you don't need to post from the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                We already had another owner quit so we really wouldn't need to find a replacement for Junior. We could just remove his team and the team of the other guy that quit.

Oh, and Swift, I will be able to make my own picks now so you don't need to post from the list.
                i believe the owner that quit was replaced by "Cleveland".

What would we do with the juniors team if we just removed it? I believe he has Mauer or Pujols?

Comment

• Teams aren't getting removed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swift View Post
                    Teams aren't getting removed.
                    I know, I was just asking the OP what he would do with the other players.

Comment

I wiped the floor with his team
                      psh, first year I made the playoffs and you didn't holmes and second year I was rebuilding

Comment

• Hey guys, do you mind if I once again take an extension on my deadline for this round? I was hoping it would come around to me before I have to head to class but it doesn't look like that will happen. I will be sure to make both my pick for this round and next round by midnight tonight. I'll be gone to class from 7-11:30 or so.

Comment

• Yeah that's fine.

BE ADVISED TOMORROW OCTOBER 13 WE WILL START DRAFTING TWO ROUNDS EACH EVENING

If you don't think you'll be around you can send us a list, you can send us a general strategy (IE, best 3B available or best SP available under 34) or whatever you want. I like to think I'm somewhat intelligent and literate so as long as you can put your thought to paper, we'll get it taken care of.

Comment

• Anything Swift says goes for me, I have a decent track record of picking players for teams based on criteria they give me.

Be specific... if you say "Best 1B available" I'll give you the best 1B, even if he's 40... so, make sure to include age considerations

Also, BoP, I don't mean to seem rude or anything, and don't get me wrong, you've been a fantastically active owner, but in the interest of speeding up, like Swift mentioned regarding 2 rounds... we're going to need a list starting tomorrow.
                            CSBC Commish

Comment

First year I neglected the game. Are we in the same division this year?
                              Yessir

Comment

• Ok, so also, after THIS round (Round 7) concludes, I'm going to delete all the lists I have in my PM box, as I'm quite losing track of which is to be used and such... and I'm also OCD

So, TOMORROW, (or anytime after BoP picks) please resend me Round 8+ lists
                                CSBC Commish

Comment

Working...
                                X