No announcement yet.

2011 Offseason Sim 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not blaming the game for my not being able to trade. I'm just saying that there should be other ways to build a team than to constantly make trades.

Comment

So, back to the discussion. What are we doing now, aside from chasing mbaamin08 out the door.
      This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
      Edmonton Ice Bats
      2007 Teal League Wildcard
      2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
      2010 Teal League Wildcard
      2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
        I'm not blaming the game for my not being able to trade. I'm just saying that there should be other ways to build a team than to constantly make trades.
        There are. But you have to be able and willing to make at least a few trades.
        poop

Comment

There are other ways, don't be dense. No team was built entirely by trading. Most were built through a combination. You limited yourself, which made it harder for your team to succeed, inherently. How do you not get this? You may have been 2 or 3 trades away from making the playoffs for all you know. That's not very many trades at all.
          *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
            So, back to the discussion. What are we doing now, aside from chasing mbaamin08 out the door.
            I was gone anyway. I realized a long time ago that I am not cut out for this league.

Comment

Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
              Cleveland was a last place team for all but the last season. I would hope at some point those draft picks would pan out.
              And it certainly paid off. Sucks for him that we're folding.

Comment

I was gone anyway. I realized a long time ago that I am not cut out for this league.
                There's no way to definitively state that because you've never really tried to succeed. If you hadn't gone about it half-heartedly, and had tried getting over your fear of trading fake baseball players, you may have found out you are cut out for it. But you'll never know since you never tried. Probably better to just walk away a failure. At trading fake baseball players.

Comment

Originally posted by Moss View Post
                  There's no way to definitively state that because you've never really tried to succeed. If you hadn't gone about it half-heartedly, and had tried getting over your fear of trading fake baseball players, you may have found out you are cut out for it. But you'll never know since you never tried. Probably better to just walk away a failure. At trading fake baseball players.

It's especially funny because of how bad WE were at one point in time.

I mean, we weren't just bad, we each made cripplingly bad franchise moves, before.

It's just something you learn
                  CSBC Commish

Comment

Maybe you guys are not understanding this; it's not so much that I'm bad at trading. It's more that I have absolutely zero idea of where to even start in the evaluation of a player. None. I don't even know where to start. I have no idea how one guy can bring in 5 prospects, another guy that looks similar can bring in 4 or how you even begin to evaluate a player to begin with. I told PWG this and he was trying to help me but it still doesn't make any sense. Maybe I'm too mathematically minded that I have to have a formula because it makes no sense. It's not that I'm not trying. I just have some kind of mental block that prevents me from even beginning to comprehend any of it.

Comment

Maybe you would have found out if everytime someone tried to help, you didn't stick fingers into your ears and yelled LALALALA I'm not listening! (Shit that seems to define you pretty well)

Comment

Maybe you guys are not understanding this; it's not so much that I'm bad at trading. It's more that I have absolutely zero idea of where to even start in the evaluation of a player. None. I don't even know where to start. I have no idea how one guy can bring in 5 prospects, another guy that looks similar can bring in 4 or how you even begin to evaluate a player to begin with. I told PWG this and he was trying to help me but it still doesn't make any sense. Maybe I'm too mathematically minded that I have to have a formula because it makes no sense. It's not that I'm not trying. I just have some kind of mental block that prevents me from even beginning to comprehend any of it.
                        You're too mathematically minded? For a game that evaluates players on a numerical scale?

--------------------
                        It's very simple, higher output = player is worth more in a trade. Higher potential output also factors if the guy is a prospect or still young himself. Now, maybe you couldn't figure that out on your own, but there were PLENTY of trades that you could have used as comparison to try to figure out what your guys were worth, and what you should ask for. This is fucking ridiculous.

You sucked. No mental block. You sucked and were afraid to try trading and you quit. OK?
                        Last edited by Branch; 08-10-2011, 11:00 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

This isn't a case of 2+2=4 like you're trying to make it sound like. You're not trading a 5 star player hitting .320 for another 5 star player hitting .320. I know enough to know that said player will bring a lot of players and some high potential young players but I have no idea what is asking too much and what is not asking enough. That's where my problem lies. I also would have no idea what to ask for David Wright for example who has a good contract, is still young but was hitting around .250. That is where my mental block is that no one could explain to me.

Comment

You focus on their statistics too much and not enough on their ratings. Their ratings are their true abilities. I would mostly ignore the statistics because they seem to get in your way.

Comment

The ratings don't make sense to me either and I don't see what the difference is. Some guys have high ratings and suck and some guys have lower ratings and perform well. How are you suppose to evaluate trades based on that?

Comment

Because they will almost always revert back to what their ratings say they are. Ratings are easily the most important. Ignore the statistics.

Comment

Working...
                                X