Divison Layouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divison Layouts

How should we break them down? East/West? North/South? Something else? (Please provide example)

This is a rough outline of what either would look like:

East/West
    DH East: PitchingWinsGames 2.0, DColtsfan, Ralph, Joe Cool, Swift
    DH West: Moss, nny, MiamiHomer, Knuckleballs, AdamRavs

no DH East: CrimsonCane, Madman81, bobbob1313, Mainge, pdub858
    no DH West: Flum, fishfan79, mbaamin08, Sandroimbuto, Maybin
    North/South
    DH North: DColtsfan, nny, AdamRavs, Knuckleballs, Swift
    DH South: Moss, Ralph, Miami Homer, Joe Cool, PitchingWinsGames 2.0

no DH North: CrimsonCane, Madman81, Maybin, Flum, Maybin
    no DH South: fishfan79, mbaamin08, Sandroimbuto, pdub858, bobbob1313
    Based on Moss's lovely map:

Last edited by PitchingWinsGames; 08-02-2009, 06:07 PM.
    CSBC Commish

Go Honolulu team! ^_^
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I think East/West makes the most sense when dividing up the teams.

Comment

Agreed.
        This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
        Edmonton Ice Bats
        2007 Teal League Wildcard
        2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
        2010 Teal League Wildcard
        2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

I would say if gonna do DH or no DH dont split NL/AL style half and half just go fully one way or the other. The DH does strengthen american teams overall it seems.

as for the split upgotta be East vs West there N/S would be rough travel for some teams

Comment

My thoughts: I like East/West rather than North/South, and I'd prefer to either be all DH or no DH. At least split the DH with East and West, not within the individual East and West.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishfan79 View Post
              I would say if gonna do DH or no DH dont split NL/AL style half and half just go fully one way or the other. The DH does strengthen american teams overall it seems.

as for the split upgotta be East vs West there N/S would be rough travel for some teams
              That was already decided in the voting thread with advantages expressed for each side regarding finances and other aspects.

Comment

Not to mention, in TBBC 1, a DH team won year 1, and a non DH league won year 2... and in the real MLB, over the past 10 years, the split is 4 NL WS champs to 6 AL.

I don't have interleague splits handy for TBBC1, but realistically, all that matters is winning the championship, and the end result seems rather fair.
                CSBC Commish

Comment

I think East/West is the way to go, Looking at the map it balances out alot better.
                  You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

Why do you have to have divisions? Splitting it by league makes tons of sense because of DH conflict, but I'm not aware of OOTP having travel issues and fatigue for going from one city to the next. Just throw everyone from each league into one big division and play each other equally to arrive at the most fair playoff picture.

Or, if you're going to have divisions, at least have balanced scheduling. The cities are chosen arbitrarily anyways so it's kind of unfair to have unbalanced schedules.

/outsider opinion
                    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                    - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Sub Zero View Post
                      Why do you have to have divisions? Splitting it by league makes tons of sense because of DH conflict, but I'm not aware of OOTP having travel issues and fatigue for going from one city to the next. Just throw everyone from each league into one big division and play each other equally to arrive at the most fair playoff picture.

Or, if you're going to have divisions, at least have balanced scheduling. The cities are chosen arbitrarily anyways so it's kind of unfair to have unbalanced schedules.

/outsider opinion
                      To the best of my knowledge, there is no travel/fatigue issue from going cross country (hence us allowing a Hawaiian team).

The divisions would break down like ML, maybe I put them in the wrong order or something, but there would effectively be an AL and an NL league, then subdivisions in them, the only time the non-DH teams and DH teams would meet up would be during the WS, ASG and Interleague, and there is a balanced schedule option.
                      --------------------
                      Also, I prefer divisions because they breed more rivalries. If we have one league of 1 "division" of 10 teams, it's just a royal rumble. A division of 5 teams allows more urgency towards winning the division, and creates more direct, lasting rivalries...

Rivalries = Fun

I should also mention, with 2 divisions in each league... there'd be 2 division winners in the playoffs AND 2 wildcards as a league, not by division.
                      Last edited by PitchingWinsGames; 08-02-2009, 07:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      CSBC Commish

Comment

Don't know if this is the place to do it but I would be against the wild card to put more of a emphasis on season play, or atleast make it only 1 wild card and the team with the best record sits out the first series.

doing two wild cards means 8 teams out of 20 make the playoffs, or 40%

Only 25% in the MLB make it.

25% of 20 = 5 teams, so you can either have 4 (only division winners) or 6 (divison winners plus one wild card per league)

too easy to make the playoffs with 8
                        --------------------
                        oh and shit I HAVE to be in flums divison so definitely put me no dh
                        Last edited by nny; 08-02-2009, 07:49 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                          Don't know if this is the place to do it but I would be against the wild card to put more of a emphasis on season play, or atleast make it only 1 wild card and the team with the best record sits out the first series.

doing two wild cards means 8 teams out of 20 make the playoffs, or 40%

Only 25% in the MLB make it.

25% of 20 = 5 teams, so you can either have 4 (only division winners) or 6 (divison winners plus one wild card per league)

too easy to make the playoffs with 8
                          I don't think OOTP will allow 1 wildcard because it won't allow a "Bye" series in the playoffs.

And, I dunno about anyone else, but, I'd rather have the 8 playoff teams than the 4, you hate upsets and the crapshoot that is the playoffs, but I happen to think it's more fun.

But, as it stands, the only options are 2 playoff teams per division or 4 playoff teams per division.
                          CSBC Commish

Comment

I'd want to be in the same division as my brother but I don't think there is a way to make it work. (I wouldn't care if it meant having no DH.)
                            Last edited by MiamiHomer; 08-02-2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

gotta have wild cards...
                              You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

Working...
                              X