Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSBC Financials Thread 2.0

This thread will be so everyone can keep track of salary cap allowances*:

Anchorage Stone Crabs 70M (-5m to Atlanta)
    Atlanta Sharpshooters 80M (+5M from Anchorage)
    Boston Micks 75M
    Chicago Slaughter 75M
    Cleveland Barons 75M
    Colorado Coal Miners 75M
    Edmonton Ice Bats 75M
    Kansas City Monarchs 75M
    Milwaukee Barrel Men 75M
    Miami Spider Monkeys 75M
    New York Nationals 75M
    Philadelphia Freedom 75M
    Pittsburgh Poconos 75M
    San Antonio Sidewinders 75M
    San Diego Whitecaps 75M
    San Francisco Black Knights 75M
    Seattle Selftitled 75M
    Sin City Scorpions 75M

*Teams can get no more than +5m or -5M

Last thread got derailed, but here's the main one now. Please self-report player cuts and trade allowances here.
    Last edited by nny; 04-16-2011, 01:12 PM.
    CSBC Commish

Originally posted by Sandroimbuto
    Bonus money does not go against the cap right?
    If the player qualifies for it, it does. It's part of their contract.
    CSBC Commish

Comment

Version one was way better.
      --------------------
      Looking back on that thread, Bobbobs team sucks wiener now and would probably love to have Michael Brantley back while Nnys team was a game away from wiining the whole thing. How unfair.
      Last edited by Mainge; 05-09-2010, 05:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Most leagues (all?) convert bonuses into base salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandroimbuto
          It's a salary cap...should only reflect the salary. A bonus is a bonus.
          Considering they're basically all incentive bonuses for the contract, they're contractual.
          CSBC Commish

Comment

I have a 5 million dollar bonus from you there chief commish

Comment

Ah, so you do, I'll update it now.
              CSBC Commish

Comment

Nny was kind enough to updates this, so thanks to him
                CSBC Commish

Comment

Also Miami is currently over his cap, sent him a PM to fix it. But if you're looking for an easy way to get a prospect for nothing, reach out to him.

Comment

If you're releasing a player who has a multi-year contract, please post in here.

Example: I'm releasing Ichiro Suzuki, who has a 2 year, 10.5m per contract. By releasing him, I'm eating his entire contract this season (21m). After releasing him, I have a 53.5m payroll, but that +21m puts my actual season payroll at 74.5m. Good way to get bad contracts off your books if you have payroll space.

Just post something like the following:

Releasing Ichiro - 2 years, 10.5m per year

Comment

I'm releasing Johan Santana.. 15.9mil + 51 = 67mil give or take

Comment

It's total contract. Johan Santana has 15.9m for 3 years = 47.7m. In order to release him, you'd need a payroll of 27 mil - and you'd be at 42m after releasing him. So you do not have enough room to release him.

If you wish to wait until after free agents file, it'd be -31.8m, putting you at a 43.2m salary cap for next season.

Comment

2009 is over.. and the last yr of it is a player option which i thought we were not doing? i got him in that player draft thing which I wasn't around for. Didn't want him but took him cause I had the cap room

Comment

Options are allowed, it's manipulating options that are not allowed - http://soflamarlins.com/showpost.php...1&postcount=11
                            Santana's is same as his other yearly salary, so it's not abusing it.

However, I remember talking to PWG during the draft to allow you to release Santana then. Up to him if you can still release him without penalty.

Comment

I'll compromise because I feel as though I made it clear there was absolutely no obligation to keep Santana and to be honest I don't like the argument "I didn't want him but kept him because of my cap space" so, for sake of the contract, I WON'T count the player option at this point for releasing.

So if he waits until FA file, it'll just be the 15.9m.
                              CSBC Commish

Comment

Working...
                              X