No announcement yet.

Offseason Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also don't get raising the salary cap temporarily. I'm already over the 75 million and draft high in the contraction draft. Raising it temporarily is not going to help me.

I'm also starting to see why everyone wanted to raise the cap a while back. My team was bad enough to finish with the 6th worst record and now I have to make it worse just to get below cap.

Comment

I also don't get raising the salary cap temporarily. I'm already over the 75 million and draft high in the contraction draft. Raising it temporarily is not going to help me.
      Every professional league does this. It's not a big deal.

I'm also starting to see why everyone wanted to raise the cap a while back. My team was bad enough to finish with the 6th worst record and now I have to make it worse just to get below cap.
      Quickly glancing at your team, contracts like the ones Michael Barrett and Pat Burrell have are why your team is maxed out with very little talent; and not a problem with the cap itself.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
        My team is EASILY in the bottom third of the league in cap. It's how you manage contracts, I'm ALWAYS available to help people out in contract structuring.
        CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
          Quickly glancing at your team, contracts like the ones Michael Barrett and Pat Burrell have are why your team is maxed out with very little talent; and not a problem with the cap itself.
          And this still does nothing to help me. I gave them contract extensions when they were doing well and I was still new to the league. Now I'm a victim of my own ignorance and have to make myself worse than I already am just to get below the salary cap.

It might be different if I didn't have to take a salary cap hit for releasing people. I tried it in the system and, when I did, releasing a player did not count against my cap but was taken out of my "player expenses" in the revenue section.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
            And this still does nothing to help me. I gave them contract extensions when they were doing well and I was still new to the league. Now I'm a victim of my own ignorance and have to make myself worse than I already am just to get below the salary cap.

It might be different if I didn't have to take a salary cap hit for releasing people. I tried it in the system and, when I did, releasing a player did not count against my cap but was taken out of my "player expenses" in the revenue section.
            Again, I'm SUPER willing to help ANYBODY rebuild. I've rebuilt a couple OOTP franchises before, and honestly it's the most fun part of the game. But, you'll have to get worse before you get better now, it'll make it all the more satisfying when you start winning.
            CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames View Post
              My team is EASILY in the bottom third of the league in cap. It's how you manage contracts, I'm ALWAYS available to help people out in contract structuring.
              That's great to know now but the damage is done. I can't go back and ask for your help now.

Comment

Well.. my door's always been open, so to speak. But even still, you can ask me for help on how to turn the ship around... it takes like.. 1.5-2 seasons to effectively rebuild an OOTP team. Maybe a little longer if you have bad luck.
                CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames View Post
                  Well.. my door's always been open, so to speak. But even still, you can ask me for help on how to turn the ship around... it takes like.. 1.5-2 seasons to effectively rebuild an OOTP team. Maybe a little longer if you have bad luck.
                  I've always had bad luck so you can count on that. I'm the same team that led my division for half a season in the first year and ended up missing the playoffs.

Comment

Yeah well, immaterial after changing a few ways of thinking.
                    CSBC Commish

Comment

I'm ready to rock this shit!

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        I'm ready to rock this shit!
                        How about I rock your face?
                        CSBC Commish

Comment

You can try...in the upcoming world series this season because that's where i'll be!

Comment

so can we make FA bids?

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                              so can we make FA bids?
                              No, not till after the draft.

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                              You can try...in the upcoming world series this season because that's where i'll be!
                              Sounds like a date.
                              CSBC Commish

Comment

I might have something to say about this "date."

Comment

Working...
                                X