OOTP League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOTP League

I think in honor of the new site, we should start a new league, with players from this year's rosters.

I was just about to come in and post... obviously, if anyone's interested, please post here... in my recent... spare time... I've managed to throw together what appears to be a solid (new) league file.
    CSBC Commish

Comment

I'm so sad to have lost my team...
      poop

Comment

I've been thinking about joining this (when Flum asked) but with school starting up and it being my first year at UM I don't know if I can put time into this. If it doesn't take a lot of work and time though I'd be up for it.

Comment

It's not too much fuss. It's pretty easy to run a team.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
            I've been thinking about joining this (when Flum asked) but with school starting up and it being my first year at UM I don't know if I can put time into this. If it doesn't take a lot of work and time though I'd be up for it.

Realistically, if you look at your team enough (whatever that may be for you) and know your system well enough, you won't nearly have to spend as much time over the long haul.

And, in terms of work, the most "work" would be the initial draft, from there, it could be anywhere from 10 minutes a day, to 20 every other... trust me, Flum and I (and I'm sure Nny, too) will be giving people some more tricks on how to play
            CSBC Commish

Comment

only if I get first pick
              --------------------
              not passing on cabrera again
              Last edited by nny; 07-28-2009, 11:03 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                only if I get first pick
                --------------------
                not passing on cabrera again
                You can pass on whoever we MAKE you pick
                CSBC Commish

Comment

what

Comment

Originally posted by PitchingWinsGames 2.0 View Post
                    Realistically, if you look at your team enough (whatever that may be for you) and know your system well enough, you won't nearly have to spend as much time over the long haul.

And, in terms of work, the most "work" would be the initial draft, from there, it could be anywhere from 10 minutes a day, to 20 every other... trust me, Flum and I (and I'm sure Nny, too) will be giving people some more tricks on how to play
                    Sounds good. I need to know how to get the program as well. I know my brother use to do it so I can ask him some questions.

Comment

I have been eagerly awaiting this.
                      *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

What about just letting the game make the picks?

Also, just an aside and I realize im the only one, but forcing someone to have the game was pretty ridiculous. 99% of the OOTP leagues i've been in havent forced that.

Comment

It makes it so much easier for everyone involved and eliminates a lot of the shenanigns from CBL.
                          poop

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post

Also, just an aside and I realize im the only one, but forcing someone to have the game was pretty ridiculous. 99% of the OOTP leagues i've been in havent forced that.
                            Autodrafting for something like this isn't that cool, because, like TBBC showed, some people want to "win now" and some people want to build up something over the longer haul...

Besides that, draft day banter is quite hilarious.

As for having OOTP a requirement, it REALLY makes things infinitely easier for everyone involved.
                            --------------------
                            omg bobbob and I are like the same person /swoon
                            Last edited by PitchingWinsGames; 07-28-2009, 12:52 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                            CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post

A) You didn't pay for it.

B) No one but you understands how having OOTP is MORE onerous than having to type everything out, and then have someone do all the work of making team transactions for every owner in the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X