CSBC Sim Day 24 Take 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, Lemme cover a few bases, so to speak:

A) if this was about losing a top prospect, consider how many of my top pitching prospects were lost and I basically just laughed at myself, it's part of the game, and Wood was (more than likely) going to fall under the TBBC agreement of making "career enders" year injuries... Wood was a separate issue entirely, like I said before

B) The Millar thing is essentially a non-issue, he's AAA fodder for Swift, especially with Teixeira on the team now, and like he said, no problem moving him to ATL.

C) When I asked Swift to re-do the sim, I gave him no background information, I just told him I didn't input the trades, he looked at the trades and determined that they were of enough value to re-do the sim, as per Boston

D) Like Swift said, if the majority of the league agrees, we can knock out one major injury per team and call it a day (bee tee dubs, one of my top prospects is also out for 7 months, sweet man)
    CSBC Commish

Comment

I'm not saying to just make a rule for everyone to have a "get out of jail free" card or anything for injurys. I just think in a situation like this, we could make the execption.
      You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

Portland proposes the Edmonton owner be fined an undisclosed amount for taking the game too seriously.
        --------------------
        Also, I'm against any rule change that takes away realism out of the game.
        Last edited by Party; 12-22-2009, 10:36 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

The injury mulligan we're talking about would DEFINITELY be a one time thing, but yeah, I don't see it being highly likely anyways... and his fine is to go see Twilight New Moon with Portland's GM
          CSBC Commish

Comment

Team Jacob bitches

Comment

He should atleast get a compensation pick in the next draft. lol
              You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub858 View Post
                So your argument is since you think he sucks that he doesn't matter and should not be fixed? By that logic you should not give a damn and not be posting?
                My argument is that you are making a stink, to make a stink. It should not be erased because you saw the result of an invalid sim. Boo fuckin' hoo. Brett Sinkbiel had a nasty neg dev as a result of the last resim. I didn't say one fucking word because I knew the last sim meant nothing.

And as far me sucking, congratulations. Your fake baseball team is better than mine for one year, cool. No, it shouldn't be fixed because nothing is broken.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by pdub858 View Post
                He should atleast get a compensation pick in the next draft. lol
                Fucking Christ, why?
                Last edited by Mainge; 12-22-2009, 11:09 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                  My argument is that you are making a stink, to make a stink. It should not be erased because you saw the result of an invalid sim. Boo fuckin' hoo. Brett Sinkbiel had a nasty neg dev as a result of the last resim. I didn't say one fucking word because I knew the last sim meant nothing.

And as far me sucking, congratulations. Your fake baseball team is better than mine for one year, cool. No, it shouldn't be fixed because nothing is broken.
                  --------------------

Fucking Christ, why?

First off, I never said anything about you sucking. You must have totally missed my point.

Second The draft pick was a joke...again point missed.

Comment

Alright, well, for all intents and purposes, this course of discussion seems to have passed... if anyone feels the need to post a vote thread regarding injuries or something, you're more than welcome, otherwise, Trade Deadline tomorrow so let's talk baseball
                    CSBC Commish

Comment

Funny how these re-sims always seem to upset an owner.

pdub, I know how you feel. I got really upset after the first time we had a re-sim but the injuries are part of the game. I never looked at the first sim for this run but this latest sim has two of my players with injuries (albeit minor ones). There not going to change and neg developments and those happen just as randomly as the injuries. Yes, it sucks but you just have to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                        Funny how these re-sims always seem to upset an owner.

pdub, I know how you feel. I got really upset after the first time we had a re-sim but the injuries are part of the game. I never looked at the first sim for this run but this latest sim has two of my players with injuries (albeit minor ones). There not going to change and neg developments and those happen just as randomly as the injuries. Yes, it sucks but you just have to move on.

I actually did not have an injury in either sim. Just giving my opinion on the matter.

Comment

Working...
                        X