No announcement yet.

2007 CSBC Amateur Draft Round 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have three people who think otherwise, I'm sure there are others who do too. Find one of them and offer a trade.

Comment

My point is, in my eyes, he is NOT a first round talent. The guy has numbers that make him look like a career minor leaguer which is not what you take in the first round. I'm not near my computer right now but I swear I have 2 star prospects better than this guy.

Comment

2 star catching prospects better?

Again, POSITIONAL ADJUSTMENT

catching specs DON'T HAVE GOOD HITTING RATINGS outside of teir-1 guys

I mean seriously, ratings of a career minor leaguer? What the fuck are you even talking about?
        --------------------
        Also looking at your system

Napoli is probably not going to develop so he's nothing

The only other C in your system under 26 is Max Ramirez, who's basically the same thing as the guy you drafted

I wouldn't say having 1 catching spec in your system is "depth"
        Last edited by nny; 12-09-2009, 08:02 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

What does it matter? He has a shitty work ethic. I don't see him living up to any 4 star potential. Now, I'm still new to this OOTP stuff but, looking at my team's record, I think I'm a decent judge of guys talents and I would never have taken this guy on my own; certainly not in the first round.

Comment

lol

he basically has the same ratings as your starting C does now! lol So why isn't Barrett in your minor leagues?

and he has a 84 INT zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Just because you personally would not take a guy in the first round doesn't mean he isn't first round talent. If I didn't have Brian "I'm the franchise catcher but LOL, right now I kinda suck. teehee" McCann and had a lower pick in the draft (basically if I were in your situation) I would be pretty happy about getting a catcher of that caliber, especially with how thin the draft is. Good prospect at a premium position. Holy crap..
              *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

I think this applies...From what this says it helps but is not the end all be all of your prospect.

You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

You can't compare this dude to Barrett. Barrett has developed. I don't have to sit here and pray that he'll get to those numbers. This prospect has a work ethic that doesn't instill any kind of faith in me that we will get there. When I look at him, all I see is a bust prospect. When that happens, this whole draft will have amounted in absolutely nothing to help my team.

Comment

Except you were crying about his potential ratings before

Don't like him, again, TRADE HIM, my-oh-my

Comment

See, now this just proves my point. "Can influence player development". That's my whole point.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by nny View Post
                      Except you were crying about his potential ratings before

Don't like him, again, TRADE HIM, my-oh-my
                      And my point is it wouldn't be a 1-1 kind of trade. I don't want to deplete what little talent I have in my system just because I got picked a player I hate. I'd rather have him bust than lose something more valuable just to get rid of him.
                      Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 12-09-2009, 08:31 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

No, you only think it proves your point because you're being a goddamn blind fool. Read the chart again. INT and WE BOTH, let me repeat, BOTH affect player development. High INT and low WE = most likely an average effect to his development. You're cherry picking the numbers to justify your grouchy mood and the fact that you didn't get exactly who you wanted. Instead of wasting time whining, you could be trying to work out a solution that's more appealing to yourself. Also, it's probably healthy to view every prospect as a bust until he works out. Then you're less likely to get ridiculously over-worked up when a certain player or pair of players randomly bust.

Comment

This also applies to the ratings drops and other things that were mentioned.
                          Please refer to the box marked "CHANCE"

You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                            And my point is it wouldn't be a 1-1 kind of trade. I don't want to deplete what little talent I have in my system just because I got picked a player I hate. I'd rather have him bust than lose something more valuable just to get rid of him.
                            I feel dumber for having read this, first of all you're overreacting immensely to his low WE. Low WE does not = instant bust, what the hell. Secondly let's assume he ends up being a bust, you'd rather keep a complete waste of a player than try to unload him and get something else? Maybe you won't get a 5* stud spec back for him but you could get a couple of good, productive players. Seriously, holy fuck MBA. Really? This bad? Over a catching prospect? Calm down.

Comment

This was my first round pick!!! Do you guys not get that? Don't I have a right to be happy with my first round pick? Isn't that why we didn't auto pick the first round of the inagural draft? So everybody could get players they wanted? I didn't get that and I was ON THE BOARD at my pick time! That's why I'm so upset. I got a player that I hate (regardless of what any one has told me) for my FIRST ROUND PICK in a very weak draft!!! You don't here me saying anything about my second round pick. I had one chance to get a player of my liking but I was auto'd even though I was here!

Comment

We did auto the first round of the inagural draft

You're allowed to be upset

the issue is (as it always seems to be with you): WE GET IT, SHUT UP

Comment

Working...
                                X