No announcement yet.

Marlins Lose Game One of Night-Night Double Header; Fall to 11 Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Lose Game One of Night-Night Double Header; Fall to 11 Under

At least Javy is good now.

I wish they'd consider another firesale.

Not even joking.

Comment

14 one run games in a row, right?
      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        14 one run games in a row, right?
        Yeah.

What's the record for this, btw?

Comment

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marli...mes-under-500/

2nd comment, ehe

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post

Not even joking.
            Not with a new stadium coming.

Comment

I'm guessing the score stayed 1-0?

I went to bed because I knew the burial was coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                Wow.

I think this team just checked out.
                The players aren't the only ones, I think.
                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                - Daft

Comment

Not even joking.
                  Name names for this firesale you want them to consider

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    Name names for this firesale you want them to consider
                    Everyone not named Mike Stanton.

Comment

Oh boy.

Comment

Seems like a sound plan heading into a new stadium

Comment

I understand your frustration, but you don't firesale a collection of 26 year olds under control for years for 21 year old talent. This organization has a very strong MLB talent level despite this absolutely atrocious stretch.

You know what this team needs, Hanley Ramirez to stop hitting like a jackass, in the offseason bring in a legit # 3 lefty starter, bring in an innings eater #5 starting pitcher, bring in a league average 2B to stopgap, and bring in another 3-4 guys for the bench, including veterans who will push Coghlan and Dominguez hard at their positions.

You know who you "firesale," right now Dobbs, Infante, Lopez, and a relief pitcher or two for whatever you can get, and then in the offseason see what you can get with Volstad, James, Hand, and West (if anything for any of them) and try and fill out that above wish list that isn't able to be acquired via free agency. We can afford to move what SP prospects we have if we can bring in a veteran we can sign for 3-4 years.

There is no need to have a kneejerk reaction. It's just time to be smart and build around our youth, not break it all down and start over.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                            I understand your frustration, but you don't firesale a collection of 26 year olds under control for years for 21 year old talent. This organization has a very strong MLB talent level despite this absolutely atrocious stretch.

You know what this team needs, Hanley Ramirez to stop hitting like a jackass, in the offseason bring in a legit # 3 lefty starter, bring in an innings eater #5 starting pitcher, bring in a league average 2B to stopgap, and bring in another 3-4 guys for the bench, including veterans who will push Coghlan and Dominguez hard at their positions.

You know who you "firesale," right now Dobbs, Infante, Lopez, and a relief pitcher or two for whatever you can get, and then in the offseason see what you can get with Volstad, James, Hand, and West (if anything for any of them) and try and fill out that above wish list that isn't able to be acquired via free agency. We can afford to move what SP prospects we have if we can bring in a veteran we can sign for 3-4 years.

There is no need to have a kneejerk reaction. It's just time to be smart and build around our youth, not break it all down and start over.

I'm starting to think that maybe Hanley Ramirez has just regressed as a baseball player.

His peripherals are terrible this year; he has shown absolutely no power, and it's already a given that he sucks, defensively.

Also, while I like guys like LoMo and Gaby, they seem like replaceable players/not untouchable. I don't see why they should be considered untouchables.
                            Specifically in LoMo's case, I think you really have to decide what type of bat he will be. A low .800's .OPS bat doesn't cut it for me because that's replaceable out of LF - especially a LF'er who's terrible, defensively.

Maybe there's a team out there in desperate need of a hitter or a team who feels he can be more valuable at 1B or something, and we can get that left-handed starting pitcher you're talking about.

The Marlins already seem to have a problem with the stuff he says off the field, so I wouldn't doubt that they'd consider it.

I really could care less about this horrible month if it was just the garbage players playing like garbage. However, it seems like all of our young position players have regressed (or maybe they weren't as good as initially thought, to begin with).

The only guy right now that really wow's you is Stanton because of his amazing power and defense. He now seems like the real franchise player, despite his strikeout problems.

Comment

I'm starting to think that maybe Hanley Ramirez has just regressed as a baseball player.

His peripherals are terrible this year; he has shown absolutely no power, and it's already a given that he sucks, defensively.

Also, while I like guys like LoMo and Gaby, they seem like replaceable players/not untouchable. I don't see why they should be considered untouchables.
                              Specifically in LoMo's case, I think you really have to decide what type of bat he will be. A low .800's .OPS bat doesn't cut it for me because that's replaceable out of LF - especially a LF'er who's terrible, defensively.

Maybe there's a team out there in desperate need of a hitter or a team who feels he can be more valuable at 1B or something, and we can get that left-handed starting pitcher you're talking about.

The Marlins already seem to have a problem with the stuff he says off the field, so I wouldn't doubt that they'd consider it.

I really could care less about this horrible month if it was just the garbage players playing like garbage. However, it seems like all of our young position players have regressed (or maybe they weren't as good as initially thought, to begin with).

The only guy right now that really wow's you is Stanton because of his amazing power and defense. He now seems like the real franchise player, despite his strikeout problems.
                              Let's say we decide to move some of our younger guys. Who do you think we can get for Logan? Most teams aren't giving up a 23 year old stud arm for a 23 year old very good bat.

Besides that, you better not be giving up Logan for someone who is in AA/AAA. And yea, you suggest that Logan or Gaby is replaceable but if we trade those guys (who are making the league minimum), does it make sense to then have to shell out $4mil for replacements?

Even if you don't say it, this one bad month is certainly clouding your judgement.

Comment

Working...
                              X