Some Changes + Official Offseason/Awards Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Changes + Official Offseason/Awards Thread

1) Biggest change is how star ratings are. Before, star ratings were based off position; so if you changed a players position, his star rating would change. Now it's based purely off offensive and defensive ratings, position plays no part.

What this genearlly means: If you had a player at 2b, 3b, LF, or C before, he likely had no change or a drop in star rating. If you had a player at 1B, SS, CF, or RF, he saw no change or an increase in star rating.

The biggest difference though is in pitchers. A lot of SP saw an increase, especially guys who were just 1 star now have a couple stars. But MRs and Closers saw a big decrease, and most will see one star or more decrease.

I think this should work better to help people better judge a players worth quickly off of star rating.

One major thing of note though: Before, if you changed a CL/MR position to SP, if that player had a 50 endurance or lower, his star rating would change to 1 to signify that he didn't have enough endurance to start (And if it was 51 or greater, he'd see no change in star rating). Since position plays no part in star rating anymore, this is no longer the case. If you set a 4 star CL to SP even though he has 20 endurance, it'll show him at a 4 star SP.

However, because of the game mechanics, players need at least 51 in endurance to start. There's a huge difference even in 50 and 51 because of how the game is programmed. Even with 50, the player will still only go a couple of innings, where as with 51, he can go deep into the game.

Just wanted to make sure that was out there so no one tries starting a 20 endurance player.

2) There is now a deadline for releasing players to not count towards next years payroll, which is set to August 31st. If they are released after that point, they'll still count towards next years payroll. Trading is also allowed up to August 31st, but ONLY for Cap Room and Draft Picks.

This goes into effect NEXT YEAR. You still have until the arbitration deadline this season to release players to not count towards next years payroll.

- Signed, the Management
    --------------------
    Additionally, I'll start some offseason stuff tomorrow or Sunday so be on the lookout
    Last edited by PitchingWinsGames; 09-03-2010, 04:54 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    CSBC Commish

Comment

Ok, all the voting threads are up, voting will close Sunday at 11:59pm EST and we'll take the offseason from there. In the meantime, arbitration is approaching, so remember to re-sign players or offer contracts as you see fit.

We'll, take the next sim, on Tuesday, to a week before Arby, and then the next one through it into players being granted FA. Don't forget, trading is going to reopen after all of this.
      CSBC Commish

Comment

Also a reminder: Don't forget to check your MILB free agents. You can offer them contracts, or you can add them to your 40 man roster.

To check your free agents, on your team page, Click on the "Front Office" tab at the top. Then, under the tabs, there will be a "Possible Free Agents" link to see all your free agents, both major and minor.

Comment

Award Winners are:

Gold Gloves:

C: Angel Salome - Matt Weiters
          1B: Jason Giambi (lolwut) - Prince Fielder
          2B: Brandon Phillips - Luis Cruz
          3B: Stephen Drew - David Wright
          SS: Paul Kelly - Troy Tulowitzki
          OF: Lastings Milledge - Chris Lubanski
          OF: Adam Jones - Carlos Gomez
          OF: Wladimir Balentien - Kieron Pope
          P: Tom Gorzelanny - Ricky Nolasco

Cy Youngs:

TL: Cole Hamels
          BL: Phil Hughes

MVPs:

TL: Dustin Pedroia
          BL: Joe Mauer

Rookie of the Year:

TL: Pedro Lopez
          BL: David Price

In game date is now November 11th, 5 days before Arbitration hearings, handle your rosters accordingly.
          CSBC Commish

Comment

Also note, there are sometimes an issue with extensions being signed for players, please contact me if the owner won't give permission for extensions, I'll manually override it.
            CSBC Commish

Comment

Two gold gloves, I like it. I think I may actually be able to quickly download the updated league file today, so that's a plus. I'll try to upload tomorrow morning or afternoon.

Comment

So, not only is Prince a MVP, but now hes a gold glove mvp!
                You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

I got two gold glove winners, too! Congrats to Wright and Lubanski!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout Pact View Post
                    Two gold gloves, I like it. I think I may actually be able to quickly download the updated league file today, so that's a plus. I'll try to upload tomorrow morning or afternoon.
                    Post if/when you do, so I can know quicker than checking the league file
                    CSBC Commish

Comment

Just uploaded with no major changes really besides offering contracts to my minor league folks. Feel free to proceed.

Comment

Alright, I simmed to the start of the offseason. Im going to talk with Nny and we'll hammer out a plan and get back to you all with it as soon as I can.
                        CSBC Commish

Comment

Alright, we're gonna do regular sim schedules for FA, a week per sim so send in offers.

Also, don't forget to explore trade markets, FA is only good for filling in short-term roster holes.
                          CSBC Commish

Comment

I did today's FA sim, forgot to mention, I'll run them Saturday and Sunday and then Tuesday
                            CSBC Commish

Comment

Notable FA signings thus far, I think:

Joe Nathan to Philly
                              Carlos Pena to Pitt
                              Lowell to Colorado
                              CSBC Commish

Comment

Working...
                              X