May 2010 Marlins Ballpark Construction Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 2010 Marlins Ballpark Construction Update

I know it's June, but I took these pictures last month!

Homeplate

Work has begun on the ramp under the south track. This ramp will have one of the Daktronics HD displays overlooking the plaza directly under the retractable portion of the roof.

A crane holding a steel beam into place as construction crews work to secure it to the stadium.

North side of the construction site.

Northwest corner of the site. The entrance in the leftfield corner taking shape.

Concrete trucks entering the site through centerfield.

Wider view of the centerfield access and leftfield entrance to the stadium.

A closer look at the beams that will make up the stationary portion of the dome on the first base side.

The third base section of the lower bowl (north side) is slowly catching up to the first base side (west side).

The southern section of the site has been fully cleared and graded. Construction on the parking garages is scheduled to begin later this month.

Rightfield.

Panorama of the rightfield corner.

Panorama of the first base side (west side) of the stadium. The ballfield/Orange Bowl parking lot I used to take pictures from in earlier updates is now being used as a staging area.

West side of the stadium.

Along the Orange Bowl side of 3rd Street, workers were clearing the sidewalks of weeds and brush. On the residential side of 3rd Street, crews were marking the sidewalk and excavating the holes for the concrete utility poles that will replace the current wooden poles. Besides being more aesthetically appealing, the concrete utility poles will last longer and be more resistant to hurricane force winds.

Crews marking off and excavating holes for utility poles.

Previous update:
    April 2010

Awesome pics dude. It's exciting
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Thanks for posting these Festa!

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
        Pretty sure I can see my mom's apartment in this picture.
        poop

Comment

Working...
        X