Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Fall 6-4 and Lose Series to the Padres

that 5th inning was all kinds of fail

Really really really dislike the "stick with the starter" mentality when the guy's toughing it out on short rest.

Robertson should have been out after Hairston's single.

Comment

The offense was non existent after that inning as well.

Comment

I would have to agree that he should have been pulled after he walked the pitcher, he was gassed and on short rest. No reason to let him face the next batter. Owell that game sucked.

Comment

Just a general thought:

It's too early to push the panic button, but if by this time next week Washington and San Fran have made us look overmatched, you figure Fredi's seat is pretty hot, right?

Comment

yup, fair or not

Comment

Fredi's hook has been long all season. Handful of starts where he should have pulled a guy who then proceeded to partially implode.

Comment

I'm ok with a guy being wrong staying with a starter too long if it's one of those conventional wisdom plays, as in you don't pull JJ even if he's struggling because the chance he can work it out is better than the chance the turd sandwich from the pen comes in throwing darts.

But, all that said, today just shows how completely overmatched he is in understanding the ebb and flow of a game.

Comment

NateRob heard in the fifth that Cape wasn't there.

We're still waiting for your apology, Festa.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                    Just a general thought:

It's too early to push the panic button, but if by this time next week Washington and San Fran have made us look overmatched, you figure Fredi's seat is pretty hot, right?
                    Yep. I just read the schedule quickly, but it looks like the next off day, after tomorrow, is Monday, May 24.

If the team is under .500 at that point, I'd bet that Fredi's fired. And that's probably being generous to Fredi, and giving him more time than he may get, but that's around the time Jack was brought in during '03, right?

Comment

who are we gonna bring in if he is fired? Bobby V? lol Could find Jack he is prolly hanging out at his house smoking a nice cigar.. At least he isnt completely out of touch either cause he is around during spring training.

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                        Yep. I just read the schedule quickly, but it looks like the next off day, after tomorrow, is Monday, May 24.

If the team is under .500 at that point, I'd bet that Fredi's fired. And that's probably being generous to Fredi, and giving him more time than he may get, but that's around the time Jack was brought in during '03, right?
                        Jack was May 15th.

Comment

Manuel essentially just did the same thing with Hamels in the Giants game. Hamels walked in a run, left him in, and a two run single followed. Like Beef said in the GT, I think most managers would have left the pitcher in right there, but the short rest and his total loss of command is what concerned me. I think it's a little over blown though.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFF View Post
                            Manuel essentially just did the same thing with Hamels in the Giants game. Hamels walked in a run, left him in, and a two run single followed. Like Beef said in the GT, I think most managers would have left the pitcher in right there, but the short rest and his total loss of command is what concerned me. I think it's a little over blown though.
                            I agree with Swift though. There's a difference between Hamels and Robertson. Whatever we have coming out of the pen is not going to be worse than what Robertson "real" talent level is. Whatever the Phillies have coming out of the pen is likely worse than what Hamels "real" talent level is, even if he doesn't have it right then. So hang on to Hamels and hope he figures it out.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFF View Post
                              Except Robertson isn't Hamels.

To make the analogy work, it'd have to be Ricky on the mound for us.

Also, the short rest thing is tremendous, you don't stick with a short rested starter like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X