Stanton and Bonifacio Homer to Help Beat Mets 4-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Stanton and Bonifacio Homer to Help Beat Mets 4-3

The Marlins' Chris Volstad and Mets' Jon Niese each looked sharp in their spring mound debuts and Florida beat New York 4-3 in 10 innings.

Marlins outfield prospect Mike Stanton hit a two-run homer off Mets relief pitcher Bobby Parnell in the 10th on Friday to give the Marlins the lead.

Niese gave up a run in 2 2-3 innings and struck out five. He walked two and gave up three singles. Marlins center fielder Cameron Maybin walked, stole second and reached third on a first-inning grounder, but Niese stranded him by striking out Jorge Cantu.

Volstad struck out two in two scoreless innings. He gave up two singles and did not walk a batter.
    Volstad and Niese sharp in spring debuts
    Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 03-05-2010, 03:49 PM.

If someone can get video of Stanton's HR I would love that but I understand it may be difficult.

Comment

Emilio Bonifacio, who has one home run in three big league seasons, hit one against Ryota Igarashi in the seventh.
      Stanton's first spring hit a winner

Did anyone else almost fall over when that ball cleared the fench? I was expecting it to bounce of the wall and to watch him run.

Comment

what went further... his homerun or his knoblauch of a throwing error in the 10th

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
          If someone can get video of Stanton's HR I would love that but I understand it may be difficult.
          I've got it in my DVR...is there an easy way to get it transferred to my comp or should I just take a video of the playback?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            what went further... his homerun or his knoblauch of a throwing error in the 10th
            Or the bounce of the ball after Stanton Hermida'd a fly ball?

Comment

They just showed our game highlights on Baseball Tonight. They showed Boner's homer but not Stanton's.

Stanton's homer is up on the Marlins site. It's in the video corner box.

Comment

Thanks mba. It looked effortless, I can't wait to see him in the majors when that time comes.

Comment

http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/media...ent_id=7179219
                  Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                  Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                  Tom Koehler(4-0)
                  AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Bonifacio's homer was his first that went over the wall since 2008 as a member of the Diamondbacks' Triple-A Tucson affiliate in Las Vegas.
                    St. Louis Cardinals at Florida Marlins

Comment

Working...
                    X