Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fredi and Loria Exchange Barbs

Per jcr

Loria was irked over a tidbit in the Miami Herald’s Sunday Sports Buzz column. Gonzalez said: “There's not a manager dead or alive that Jeffrey thinks is good enough. Not Connie Mack, not anyone.

“Stick with someone," Gonzalez added. "Give guys opportunities. But he likes to make changes. As long as he owns the team, he makes the decisions. In his mind, they're the right ones.”

Loria’s unsolicited response: “I’m a little surprised because it’s classless, especially because he was with us for five years and was a colossal failure…Not nice. Not nice.”
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

ehe, dirty

Comment

3 and a half, but that quote is still fucking awesome

Comment

I hate to say it but I'm with Gonzalez on this one. Loria has a 1950s mentality towards managers. One of the reasons he didn't make the playoffs was because ownership didn't back up the 2008-2009 teams and stood pat.

Comment

It's also untrue considering it wasn't even close to a colossal failure.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
            It's also untrue considering it wasn't even close to a colossal failure.
            This is weird, considering everyone considers those years a colossal failure, when it comes to judging Beinfest's performances.
            poop

Comment

I don't care who's right or wrong, that quote is fucking funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                This is weird, considering everyone considers those years a colossal failure, when it comes to judging Beinfest's performances.
                You just love arguing over nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                  Well, it could be that the reason Gonzalez wasn't a colossal failure was because he was given the team that colossalfailureface Beinfest gave him.

But that was also when Beinfest was kinda tied re: money.

Plus, I don't think dim meant to distinguish those years in that sense.

Talkin to myself

Comment

That was a ridiculously unprofessional thing to say by Loria, albeit awesome.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Well, yeah. But the point still stands.
                      poop

Comment

It's fair to say Fredi Gonzalez did not have enough influence within the organization to steer personnel decisions.

Beinfest and Fredi had different job responsibilities. Because one failed, doesn't mean the other is also at fault. This does not also mean Beinfest is 100% at fault for the 2008-2009 teams. Ownership deserves some blame for not opening up their wallets to reinforce two teams that could have gone deep into the playoffs.

For all the lost revenue Beinfest's moves cost the organization this season, Loria and Co. could have done more to build support before the ballpark opened. Season ticket sales did not pick up in the offseason until the moves started being made because they sat on their hands.

Comment

He also enjoys arguing over everything. Also, anything.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I disagree.
                            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Chewford View Post
                              He also enjoys arguing over everything. Also, anything.
                              I don't care how unprofessional this was, it was fucking awesome.

We need bobbob here though. He's the edge we severely lack sometimes.

He is, essentially, the smart villian (as oppossed to Todd who is just a villian).

Well played, bobbob.

Comment

Working...
                              X