No announcement yet.

Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I joined MB.com in 2005. I don't know why I remember that but I do.

Comment

• Is MB.com still around?

The day we seceded from the Union was a great day indeed.

Comment

• They're still around talking about slogans.

Fishing for talent. It's oh so clever.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• It describes the site in so many ways
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

• I was always pissed they kept the poster "marlins" in the divorce, though.

That guy had "it".

Comment

• I believe marlins was banned from this site

Comment

• or am I thinking of miamibaseball? Who's the bad news bear guy?

Comment

• Daft.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• I was way off.

Comment

• Anyone watching Outside the Lines on ESPN right now? Samson, Cote, Keith Law, and some business guy are there going back and forth right now.

Comment

• I hope Samson reads some of Cote's work and tells him he should work on that before telling him how to do his job and then mentions that Keith Law was banned

Comment

• Samson basically said he hopes the fans know that they do things for the fans/nobody knows what's going to happen with these prospects. Also said again that he didn't know who these guys were at the time of the trade.

Keith Law laughed at Samson, basically. Said the guys we got in return are "decent prospects," not championship caliber. Said it was all about payroll.

Samson mentioned how the backloaded contracts played a part in not getting a greater return.

Law agreed but then said that even JJ (Samson mentioned he's only controlled for a year) has plenty of value on one year. Said JJ would get a 4 or 5 year contract today if he was a free agent for more money per year than he's currently making.

Cote just mentioned that Loria made promises to make payroll competitive and it's now perceived as lies.

The business guy, I didn't pay much attention to. He did say that not everybody in the game hates Loria, and that many believe he has good intentions.

Comment

• I would be shocked if a team offered JJ a 4 or 5 year contract right now.

Comment

• Edwin Jackson got a 4 year contract.

JJ would have gotten one too. I think he would have come around Anibal's insane deal.

Comment

• Because he finished last year healthy, JJ absolutely gets 4 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X