X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The twenty years of shit one.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
      was there anyone here who didn't think we should have traded him at the deadline last year because he seemed so likely to get hurt? why can't the FO see that too?
      I think they saw it however like most of our guys they placed a crazy value on him.They couldn't get off Greg Bird-instead of talking,they tell teams what they exactly want and when they don't get it they say bye

Yes teams give us crap offers(Seattle offering Trumbo/Elias for Ozuna) but when we counter with something nuts(Walker) and say well thats the only name we will discuss. We shouldn't give guys away but when we know they will break down/non tendered or can't afford-I would rather get something for them then just walk(Latos/Haren gone LY-even tho we didnt get anything worth talking about I would rather get Brigham/Pineyro then 0)
      Last edited by tjfla; 03-03-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        I think they saw it however like most of our guys they placed a crazy value on him.They couldn't get off Greg Bird-instead of talking,they tell teams what they exactly want and when they don't get it they say bye
        That's a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
          That's a bad thing?
          I mean, it can be. But I think in this case any decision would've been the wrong one. If you trade him and he becomes a stud somewhere else, you fucked up. If you keep him and he gets hurt, you fucked up.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
            I mean, it can be. But I think in this case any decision would've been the wrong one. If you trade him and he becomes a stud somewhere else, you fucked up. If you keep him and he gets hurt, you fucked up.
            this isn't how risk/reward analysis works.

you were not in contention and you had a bare farm system. you've got a player who is injury prone. there is one right move here - trading him for prospects.

you shouldn't judge whether or not decisions were correct strictly by how they turn out. you can make the right decision and have it turn out in an unfortunate way. that doesn't invalidate the decision. if you trade him and he becomes a stud that doesn't get hurt, good for him. hopefully you picked up decent prospects.

people do this way too often in life. you have to make decisions based on the information you have. you can't know the outcome, so you need to make decisions based on the best available information. this is like when dumb basketball fans groan about taking a bunch of wide open three pointers if they don't go in. whether or not the shots were good is a function of whether or not they were open and who was taking the shots. if the best shooter in the league has wide open looks, they're good shots regardless of whether or not they go in.

Comment

As fun as it was to watch Carter Capps pitch for the Marlins (and exciting to think about him pitching for us in the future), 75% of the board knew his arm was going to fall off in the near future.

The only move was trade him.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                That's a bad thing?
                It is when u deal with teams like NYY,LAD,Houston or any other nice systems. Its not like those teams have 1 or 2 Top Prospects and nothing else. NYY said NO to Bird so instead of saying we will hold onto him(When everyone knew Capps elbow was gonna blow out eventually)they should have asked for 2 or 3 prospects for him. They put the untouchable on Bird/Severino and we said BYE we will keep him

The FO has this "idea" of this is who we want and if u won't trade them then we have nothing to talk about. Then when the guy isn't as good/gets arb/becomes a FA we can't get nothing close to what his value was. Look at what TB does-Jake McGee got too expensive so they turn him into a solid OF. This is the stuff we should do IF we can't keep the guy. If we had McGee,we would hold onto him until he became a FA then at the deadline teams would offer prospects because they know he is gone no matter what

Its like what our boy Trump says "We Don't Negotiate" anymore. We say a player,the team says NO and we say Bye
                Last edited by tjfla; 03-04-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Is it too early to get excited about Marcell Ozuna's comeback player of the year bid?

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                    Is it too early to get excited about Marcell Ozuna's comeback player of the year bid?
                    Already starts the year with 1 vote for coming into camp on time and in shape

Best part tho of ST is seeing guys names and saying to buddy-Who the fuck? Just know we still havent giving up on Issac Galloway or our 25 yr olds in Low A Ball. They are all still in the system I know one thing I can't wait for Brady Shoemaker to get released and sign with someone who will give him a shot. The guy looks solid again however will probably start the year on the NOLA DL as depth. Another thing looks like DD will be adding 1B to his list of positions he can play.

Comment

Stanton getting his story ready for free cash this year. His right knee is sore.

Comment

season over

Comment

Knee soreness is like at least a 3-month injury for Stanton.

#supernegative #half-joking

Comment

Shut him down til opening day. He can take batting practice on the back fields.

Comment

March 16th: KNEE NOT A CONCERN FOR STANTON
                              April 6th: NAGGING KNEE INJURY CAUSES STANTON TO MISS A GAME
                              May 2nd: KNEE TO SIDELINE STANTON FOR 15 DAYS
                              May 28th: STANTON RETURN CLOSE
                              June 23rd: STANTON TO RETURN TONIGHT
                              August 4th: MARLINS, 20 GAMES UNDER .500, TO SHUT DOWN STANTON
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Post Of The Month nomiknee

Comment

Working...
                                X