No announcement yet.

Marlins Acquire Andrew Cashner and Colin Rea from Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it's not one deal that pisses me off, it's all the deals the organization makes in concert with one another to consistently get less value than we give ip

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
      ground-ball Cashner going to a team with an infield that's 32 runs better for his contract stretch run has to make his agent joker smile.
      Marlins had to have been looking at that too

Comment

Except that cashners FIP is Koehler-esque as well

Comment

I love this trade if only because it brought [MENTION=37]Ramp[/MENTION] back to us
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I just remember everyone talking about how Mat Latos was going to kill it last year because it was his contract year and then proceeded to get destroyed all year. Also, it's been his contract year the last 4 months, I don't know, I just don't put too much thought into whether it's a contract year.

Comment

If you are trading prospects, 1B-only guys and young, hard-throwing, injury-risk arms are the ones to trade. Marlins didn't get fleeced.
              yup
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

My favorite thing about this trade is watching tjfla scramble to show he isnt full of shit.
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Capps, too. jesus.

there's no way Castillo is in this

Comment

yeah wtf

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                      My favorite thing about this trade is watching tjfla scramble to show he isnt full of shit.
                      Ya i have been going crazy since I didn't say a few days ago that the asking price for Cashner was Naylor AND Castillo OR that NYY and SD had asked for Carter Capps medicals

U should read the Trade Deadline board more!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        I just remember everyone talking about how Mat Latos was going to kill it last year because it was his contract year and then proceeded to get destroyed all year. Also, it's been his contract year the last 4 months, I don't know, I just don't put too much thought into whether it's a contract year.
                        I was actually thinking the other day it would have been nice to have still had Desclafani. Not a world beater by any stretch, but also would have made it less critical to find a starter elsewhere.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        I was actually thinking the other day it would have been nice to have still had Desclafani. Not a world beater by any stretch, but also would have made it less critical to find a starter elsewhere.
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 50s50 seconds ago
                          Complete deal: Cashner, Rea, Guerrero to #Marlins. Cosart, Castillo, Capps, Naylor to #Padres. Deal pending review of medicals.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Ya i have been going crazy since I didn't say a few days ago that the asking price for Cashner was Naylor AND Castillo OR that NYY and SD had asked for Carter Capps medicals

U should read the Trade Deadline board more!!!
                            You say things that have already been said elsewhere. What a sleuth.

- - - - - - - - - -

I am guessing that is Tayron Guerrero? The 25 year old with an ERA of 5 in AA and 6 in AAA this year.

I don't like this anymore.
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• they lost me with the Capps inclusion

Guerrero fits their reliever mold (huge fastball, good slider...shaky control)

Comment

• Why include Capps??

Comment

Working...
                                X