Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    Forgot about Castro too. If we deal all of these guys our farm system should be fairly stacked.
    You would fucking hope that if the Marlins traded Stanton, Ozuna, Gordon, Yelich, Realmuto, Bour and Castro that the farm system would be fairly stacked.

- - - - - - - - - -

Why do the Marlins need Vlad Jr and Bichette for Yelich?

I don’t care what the drop off after Vlad Jr is. Send Tazawa’s useless ass to Toronto with Yelich and take Vlad Jr and their #3, #4 and # 5 prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      So u would be cool with Vlad,Alford,TJ Zeuch? Ill pass on that but OK. They want Vlad Jr AND either BO or Osuna to just start talking but Toronto hasnt bitten which is why they are #5. Toronto's big problem is they have 5 great to solid prospects and nothing else. ALL other teams 5 great to very good prospects and alot else

As for Atlanta,no chance u get Acuna. It would be 2 Top Arms,Cristian Pache(2nd Best Position player who would be 19 in Jupiter) plus more. They don't "want" Markakis but gets rid of Prado's contract and give them an OF who they can move at deadline if he hits. Saves Miami 15 million

Philly is the Wildcard.

They do NOT care about pitchers/hitters. They want talent and add more depth

I know Acuna only for u but Pache has talent

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2017/ALL
      I don't see why we should balk at Vlad, Alford, and Zeuch, but be all excited about a package that you're saying could be Gohara, Wentz, Pache, and some lower level guys.

Vlad has star potential. That alone should be coveted. Then, you have Alford, who is rated ahead of Anderson, Gohara, Wentz, and Pache on MLB.com, which I know aren't the gospel, but he's still a consensus top 100 prospect and at the very least in the neighborhood of the players in the Atlanta deal. Then you have Zeuch, who isn't exactly some crappy prospect.

Give me a player who has the chance to be a star over a handful of pitchers with 2/3 potential any day. The Marlins will only be able to get players like that as a prospect in a trade like this, or by getting lucky in the draft. I'd look to try and get those guys any way I can. That's my POV at least.

Comment

• I doubt vlad would ever be on the table for us anyway. I see no chance the give him up. I’d take him in a heartbeat and then trade JT for more pitching, but I think Toronto knows their window has pretty much closed and would be more likely to go the other way and start a mini rebuild than they would be to trade us vlad for yelich

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
          I don't see why we should balk at Vlad, Alford, and Zeuch, but be all excited about a package that you're saying could be Gohara, Wentz, Pache, and some lower level guys.

Vlad has star potential. That alone should be coveted. Then, you have Alford, who is rated ahead of Anderson, Gohara, Wentz, and Pache on MLB.com, which I know aren't the gospel, but he's still a consensus top 100 prospect and at the very least in the neighborhood of the players in the Atlanta deal. Then you have Zeuch, who isn't exactly some crappy prospect.

Give me a player who has the chance to be a star over a handful of pitchers with 2/3 potential any day. The Marlins will only be able to get players like that as a prospect in a trade like this, or by getting lucky in the draft. I'd look to try and get those guys any way I can. That's my POV at least.
          I agree with U. I would take Vlad Jr,Gourriel,Zeuch,Danny Jansen and 1 mid prospect for Yelich and Tazawa if offeredbut u need more than just 3 guys!! I am just telling u what they want-much like the Ozuna trade they are looking for quantity. They would rather have 4 guys who are likely ML guys than 1 great player which is why Atlanta and Philly are high on list. Neither one has a Vlad Jr that they are willing to trade but they have what we want.

They asked for Vlad Jr AND Bo for Ozuna and Toronto knows they want more for Yelich.

Who the hell knows if they will ever trade him? Ozuna they wouldn't even offer Vlad Jr,they offered BO. I would rather have Atlanta Philly or SD offer instead of a Toronto offer led by Bo or Vlad Jr and just 2 other guys(they need to add more prospects) also not much of an Alford fan(Injured ALOT)

Example-Alford Hurt AGAIN!! https://jaysjournal.com/2017/12/25/b...y-not-serious/

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          You would fucking hope that if the Marlins traded Stanton, Ozuna, Gordon, Yelich, Realmuto, Bour and Castro that the farm system would be fairly stacked.

- - - - - - - - - -

Why do the Marlins need Vlad Jr and Bichette for Yelich?

I don’t care what the drop off after Vlad Jr is. Send Tazawa’s useless ass to Toronto with Yelich and take Vlad Jr and their #3, #4 and # 5 prospect.
          This is why I get confused,people want talent but are willing to take 1 ML player and MAYBE 2 or 3 others instead of 3 ML Players. This is why they liked St Louis's offer for Ozuna. While Alcantara,Sierra and Gallen aren't TOP prospects they ALL will be on the ML team in 2018

Toronto's #3,#4,#5 is Atlanta's #12,14,16? All 6 Atlanta Pitchers are better than Zeuch

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
          How many no power all defense young outfielders can the Marlins collect? If they do get Pache he would be in that mold as well fast centerfielder with no power. I understand the Braves have young pitching but I don't really see any hitters other then Acuna who they won't trade. So if they only come away with 2 upper echelon pitchers I don't see a Braves trade as being a huge overpay prospect wise. I know you want to get as much pitching as possible but at some point you have to get some hitters especially since there are none in the system right now.
          The kid was 18. Give him a year or 2-I love how people think 18/19 yr olds should hit 40 hrs in the minors and if they don't they have NO power
          Last edited by tjfla; 12-30-2017, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Plus if we are as bad as we think in 2018 then we should be able to get a better Bo Bichette in the 2019 draft.

Miami and Detroit will be 2 worst teams and #1 prospect is SS Bobby Witt Jr

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=386157

Already taking pic with Miami in background!!!
            Last edited by tjfla; 12-30-2017, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• there is a difference between not hitting 40 hr's and not ever hitting a HR and only having 32 XBH's thru his first 700 minor league AB's.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                there is a difference between not hitting 40 hr's and not ever hitting a HR and only having 32 XBH's thru his first 700 minor league AB's.
                Agree if he was 21/22 I would say yes but he was an 18 yr old. What I am saying is u can't look at guys when they are 18/19 and talk about power(See Josh Naylor) unless they are like 5'10 160lbs. Pache is 6'2 190 and power should come in

Our "power guys" in rookie ball LY was Yeral Encarnacion and he had 5 in GCL and is 6'4 220lbs and Sean Reynolds who had 5 at 6'7 205

I just mean guys under 20 arent usually about power they are learning how to hit/power comes as long as have body. Acuna had 4 when he was 18 and then went up to 21 at 19 yrs old. Why do u think guys like Acuna,Robles and Vlad Jr and ranked so high? Can hit AND power at 18/19.

Long as we dont get another 5'10 170lbs left handed hitter.Shit trade JT to Houston and get Kyle Tucker or Yordan Alvarez at 6'5 225lbs to play RF. Brian Miller/Sierra/? in 2020
                Last edited by tjfla; 12-30-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  I agree with U. I would take Vlad Jr,Gourriel,Zeuch,Danny Jansen and 1 mid prospect for Yelich and Tazawa if offeredbut u need more than just 3 guys!! I am just telling u what they want-much like the Ozuna trade they are looking for quantity. They would rather have 4 guys who are likely ML guys than 1 great player which is why Atlanta and Philly are high on list. Neither one has a Vlad Jr that they are willing to trade but they have what we want.

They asked for Vlad Jr AND Bo for Ozuna and Toronto knows they want more for Yelich.

Who the hell knows if they will ever trade him? Ozuna they wouldn't even offer Vlad Jr,they offered BO. I would rather have Atlanta Philly or SD offer instead of a Toronto offer led by Bo or Vlad Jr and just 2 other guys(they need to add more prospects) also not much of an Alford fan(Injured ALOT)

Example-Alford Hurt AGAIN!! https://jaysjournal.com/2017/12/25/b...y-not-serious/

- - - - - - - - - -

This is why I get confused,people want talent but are willing to take 1 ML player and MAYBE 2 or 3 others instead of 3 ML Players. This is why they liked St Louis's offer for Ozuna. While Alcantara,Sierra and Gallen aren't TOP prospects they ALL will be on the ML team in 2018

Toronto's #3,#4,#5 is Atlanta's #12,14,16? All 6 Atlanta Pitchers are better than Zeuch

- - - - - - - - - -

The kid was 18. Give him a year or 2-I love how people think 18/19 yr olds should hit 40 hrs in the minors and if they don't they have NO power
                  I understand you’re saying that’s what they want. I’m not trying to shoot the messenger here. I just don’t agree with that line of thinking. I think it was a mistake in the Ozuna negotiations, and I think it would be a mistake here. Who cares about how many ML players you get if none of them are good to great players? You need stars to win and Miami won’t be able to add any through other means unless they get lucky in the draft (because let’s be honest, that’s all the draft is really about). When all is said and done and we see what these prospects become, I would MUCH rather net a star player in a deal and nobody else, than 3-4 mediocre to above average players.

Comment

• I mean, maybe this is just me, but I think it's a bad time to seriously consider moving Yelich or really anyone else yet, at least at this point.

I mean why?

These guys are still young, still cheap, and will be both of those things going forward. Unless you think someone is due for some serious regression, it doesn't make sense to trade them at this very second. I mean, you'd be selling low. The only way you'd get those prospects you're all talking about is if Yelich becomes the "future batting champ" type player that's been thrown around, and honestly, at that point, I subscribe to the one in the hand philosophy.

Assuming that Yelich is just what he's been to this point for the remaineder of his Marlins career, which is still really good and likely good enough to get All-Star consideration this year, you'd get just as much if not more by moving him at the deadline, or this time next year, or in the 2019 season.

Ditto that for Bour and Realmuto.

EDIT: Only reason they traded Ozuna is because he was going to get more money than they were willing to spend on a losing team and I don't even need to get back into the Stanton move. Those were necessary, at least in the organization's eye, but the other moves aren't.
                    Last edited by thatnewguy; 12-30-2017, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                      I mean, maybe this is just me, but I think it's a bad time to seriously consider moving Yelich or really anyone else yet, at least at this point.

I mean why?

These guys are still young, still cheap, and will be both of those things going forward. Unless you think someone is due for some serious regression, it doesn't make sense to trade them at this very second. I mean, you'd be selling low. The only way you'd get those prospects you're all talking about is if Yelich becomes the "future batting champ" type player that's been thrown around, and honestly, at that point, I subscribe to the one in the hand philosophy.

Assuming that Yelich is just what he's been to this point for the remaineder of his Marlins career, which is still really good and likely good enough to get All-Star consideration this year, you'd get just as much if not more by moving him at the deadline, or this time next year, or in the 2019 season.

Ditto that for Bour and Realmuto.

EDIT: Only reason they traded Ozuna is because he was going to get more money than they were willing to spend on a losing team and I don't even need to get back into the Stanton move. Those were necessary, at least in the organization's eye, but the other moves aren't.
                      there is a legitimate argument you could make for each side of keeping them and trading them. i go back and forth, leaning towards moving them, but it could be argued either way. Really depends on what you can get back. if they do it right, they should be able to get huge returns for those guys, but they have to do it right.

Comment

• The kid was 18. Give him a year or 2-I love how people think 18/19 yr olds should hit 40 hrs in the minors and if they don't they have NO power[/QUOTE]

Ok say this kid develops a little power say the ability to hit 10 hr a year. Combine him with the projected other future outfielders based on what the Marlins currently have. Miller/ Sierra/ Pache would give you an outfield that would hit 10-15 HR a year combined. I am not saying they need to get top homerun guys but you have to do better than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                          Ok say this kid develops a little power say the ability to hit 10 hr a year. Combine him with the projected other future outfielders based on what the Marlins currently have. Miller/ Sierra/ Pache would give you an outfield that would hit 10-15 HR a year combined. I am not saying they need to get top homerun guys but you have to do better than that.[/QUOTE]

either that or go hard after college infield bats in the draft for a few years

Comment

• They can honestly do no wrong in your eyes can they? No matter who they trade or what they get you are full on drinking the Hill/Jeter Kool aid.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                              They can honestly do no wrong in your eyes can they? No matter who they trade or what they get you are full on drinking the Hill/Jeter Kool aid.
                              obviously they can, but im not gonna blame them for a rebuild that they were essentially forced into and im gonna give them time to prove what theyre about

Comment

• Sandy Alcantara so far in the winter league baseball
                                W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO
                                Surprise AZFL Fal 1 2 .333 4.20 4.20 5 5 0 0 0 0 15.0 11 7 7 2 8 0 14
                                Gigantes DOWL FgW 0 0 0.00 0.00 2 0 0 0 0 0 1.2 1 0 0 0 6 0 0

Magneuris Sierra so far in winter leagues
                                G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS
                                23 42 39 8 7 0 0 1 3 3 3 3 16 .179 .238 .256 .495

Comment

Working...
                                X