No announcement yet.

The Non-jose Games Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see any way we land Price or Greinke. I'd love to be wrong, but there's just no way.

I'd be happy with Zimmermann, Kazmir and a lefty-masher. I think we'd have a shot next year.
    Last edited by Nick; 09-28-2015, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Also need another OF for the bench. Dietrich/Bour, Rojas, Tellis gives us three.

Unfortunately, it's going to Ichiro and he's going to be the #1 guy off the bench. So it'll still be an issue next year

Comment

• I wouldn't be upset if that extra OF'er was Cole Gillespie, honestly, but you're right it will be Ichiro, and I just worry that his quest for 3000 is going to get in the way of us, you know, actually winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          The Marlins are the hottest team in baseball.

I will say this......the Prado to Bour play was one of the coolest defensive Marlins plays I've ever seen.

I know I shouldn't be shocked that Stanton never came back given the severity of that injury but.....

I'm shocked. What a fucking dumpster fire of a season.

And the worst part is, this "hot" ending to the season will convince Loria we're just a small tweak here and there away from being legit contenders next year.
          The roster is really close. The problem is what it needs and what it'll get are worlds apart.

The other problem is the amount of whiffs they've had on trying to build something means there's absolutely no reason to believe they'll ever get it right.

Comment

• I think the only hope we have at this point for Loria spending money to get the team what it needs is the All Star game - I have to imagine he's going to want to look good for that, no?

Comment

• It's all about Palace Intrigue.

(Still don't know what that really means.)
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                Nah there are many people who would rather be right here than be proven wrong and watch a player they didn't believe in succeed.

You can say whatever you want here but deep inside you know it'll be eating at you.
                Oh.

Comment

• Good to know we're in agreement here.

Comment

• Yeah no problem

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                      The roster is really close.

No it's not. Not in Marlins World.

Needing another ace, a #2/#3 and a bench is not really close.

They literally need a Price/Grienke.

- - - - - - - - - -

We'll get Lincecum instead of Grienke

Comment

• i'm sure some people would rather be right than see the team they like succeed, but they're probably pretty rare.

I'll probably never be happy with Nicolino because of the Heaney thing -- Heaney has been better in absolutely every possible way in the majors btw -- but if he's a league-average pitcher, i'd be cool with being wrong.

I just don't think I'm going to be wrong on that one. The overwhelming weight of the evidence comes down on the side of him being likely being bad.
                        poop

Comment

• I'd love to see Nicolino succeed, but the probability of that happening is small. It's called not being delusional.

Comment

• also, we'll take flukey short term success and pencil him in as a permanent #3 starter and take forever to move off that position even after he sucks.

how do we measure success? with how dumb this front office is, i think you can muster a decent argument that, if you believe he sucks, his success in the short term is bad because it will lead the team to value him when he sucks.

it's kind of like with casey mcgehee. casey mcgehee sucks. period. i absolutely do want him to fail. it's not because i'd rather be right. it's because he does suck, and a period of him not sucking will cause this front office to cling to him in the future.

Comment

• The Casey McGehee thing is just weird to me, because after his flukey season they did go out and replace him with a superior player, like a competent organization. Why they felt the need to bring him back is something we'll probably never know for sure. My guess is McGehee is a Loria favorite, but someone in the front office actually convinced him that upgrading with Prado was the correct move, but once he got released Loria wasn't going to let his guy languish without a job.

- - - - - - - - - -

It just shows a disconnect is there somewhere. Like maybe we do have some competent folks in the front office, but Loria picks and chooses when to listen to them. We need a singular voice to make decisions, I have a hard time believing Michael Hill has ever been that guy, and if this manager fiasco has showed us anything it's that Dan Jennings is just along for the ride, he doesn't even have a say in what his job is.

Comment

• Considering how random some moves are, and just the general lack of foresight, I definitely think the multiple voice narrative has merit

Comment

Working...
                                X