Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they should've taken Rodon. I do not think that he might pitch 8 innings in the majors this season should really factor in.
    poop

Comment

It's really such a Marlins thing to leak that they're going to go hard in free agency after a top of the line starter when there are really only two and their destinations to AL East teams are all but a certainty.

Aside from Hanley, Lester and Scherzer, I don't think there's a free agent worth more than a two year deal this offseason. It's a really really really bad free agent class.

Comment

Shields, Sandoval

But yea, after that I don't see many guys getting deals over 2 years. Maybe Melky, Cruz, Cuddyer, Aramis, etc., but nothing very serious.

Comment

I would be OK if they "only" signed James Shields imo
          poop

Comment

And with only ~5 good FA and then falling off after that, there's the overpay bidding situation. Especially with the IFers.

And sucks that the one thing there's some kind of depth in (Corner OF/1B), we're stuck with Jones. I really hope we somehow ditch him or just pay him a lot to be a bench bat.

Our starting 1B has averaged a 0.8 WAR per 650 PA the past 5 years (including this one). And he'll be making a lot by this team's standards. Woo.
            Last edited by nny; 08-20-2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

He probably wouldn't accept this move, but how would Hanley fit at first base for a team?

Comment

Better at any other position.

Comment

You think Hanley would be better at catcher than first base?

Comment

Infield

Comment

Would anyone agree to a Henderson Alvarez for Starlin Castro trade, then the Marlins sign Shields.

Rotation to start season till Jose returns:
                      Shields
                      Eovaldi
                      Heaney
                      Cosart
                      Koehler/Nicolino

Comment

I wouldn't agree to that, no.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                          Would anyone agree to a Henderson Alvarez for Starlin Castro trade, then the Marlins sign Shields.

Rotation to start season till Jose returns:
                          Shields
                          Eovaldi
                          Heaney
                          Cosart
                          Koehler/Nicolino
                          In a heartbeat. They would have to move Cishek, minimum, to clear salary for Shields in such a scenario (as Castro makes a few bucks). And dumping Hech who someone would surely take a chance on would save another $2 million.

If Cishek/Hech get another infield bat, preferably a young 1B/3B, team looks good and is easily under $75 even if giving a guy like Shields $20 a year.

Comment

I'm not a fan of that idea.

Comment

Yeah I'm not for trading Hendo for Castro, and I'm not for overpaying Shields when we're bitching that we don't have money to sign Stanton long term. I'm willing to cut costs elsewhere if it means somehow means re-signing Stanton, and Shields makes little sense in the grand scheme of things for the team.

Comment

It was just a thought. The Marlins are going to sign AJ Burnett and praise his leadership anyways. That will be their big move.

Comment

Working...
                                X