No announcement yet.

Marlins Name Mike Redmond Manager; Perry Hill Also Returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's real. He's been on with LeBatard a few times back then an he always told his naked stories and stuff like that. He's hilarious.

Comment

if it's real then that's awesome. the quote about peen in the bullpen is epic. someone please verify
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Probably be more ladies show up for batting practice at least.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

LeBatard was telling a sorry about Redmond during the '03 world series where a bunch of the Marlins players were constantly yelling towards the Yankees dugout saying things like "we're going to kick your ass", "we're going to kill you" and stuff like that. Here come Mike and he yells "Yeah, we're going to shove our fingers up your ass!" and everyone in the dugout turned and looked at him and he then starts looking around yelling "Who the hell said that?! That's not something you yell in the world series! Come on!"

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
            I think it's real. He's been on with LeBatard a few times back then an he always told his naked stories and stuff like that. He's hilarious.
            He's a manager. He has to show a little more professionalism now than he did as a retired ballplayer.

I'd have believed it to be real had there been only one mention of nudity. Answering every question with a spin on nudity was too much, though. Hokey fake is hokey

Comment

same as mainge. No way he kept mentioning nudity because one time he took naked batting practice
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

He's going to be on the LeBatard show today.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by beinfest_virus.exe View Post
                same as mainge. No way he kept mentioning nudity because one time he took naked batting practice
                There is more than one instance of him doing something involving nudity.
                --------------------
                Boog is co-hosting with LeBatard today and says that Redmond and Lowell have talked about Lowell being his bench coach if and when Redmond got a managing job.
                --------------------
                During the interview, in which Mike Lowell was present as well, he said he offered a position to Lowell on his staff, presumably bench coach, but that Lowell still wants to send more time with the family and doesn't want to have to travel again.
                Last edited by MiamiHomer; 11-02-2012, 03:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

That was a great press conference if that's what he said.

Comment

Was on with Millar and Rose on Intentional Talk today, and he was funny but seemed genuinely happy to be there. Millar kept poking fun at him but Redmond kept his cool for the most part.

They seem to be really good friends, so I expect him to be on that show quite a few times. They got him to promise to come on the show when the have their shows from from the winter meetings in Nashville next month.
                    --------------------
                    Saw video of the press conference. Does anyone think it's weird that both Loria & Samson were not there ? Just like when Freddi was hired.
                    Last edited by oakelmpine; 11-02-2012, 06:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

they prefer not to know their managers personally to make the firings easier

Comment

in before "Loria was probably at an art museum"

Comment

MIAMI — On Wednesday, MLB’s GM Meetings will get underway in Palm Springs, Calif., and the Marlins still are looking to finalize manager Mike Redmond’s staff.

Miami is in the market for a bench coach, hitting coach and either a pitching or bullpen coach.

Right now, the Marlins have three coaches on staff, infield coach Perry Hill, third base coach Joe Espada and Reid Cornelius.

Cornelius has been the bullpen coach, and he could remain in that capacity unless he is named pitching coach.

A name receiving consideration for hitting coach is Anthony Iapoce, who has ties to the Marlins organization and also to Redmond. But it is unclear if the team has asked the Cubs for permission to interview him.

Iapoce, 39, was the Blue Jays roving hitting coordinator the past three years. Redmond managed in Toronto’s Minor League system the past two season, and the two have a close friendship.

Iapoce also has history with the Marlins. In 2007, he was the hitting coach at Class A Greensboro on then manager Edwin Rodriguez’s staff. And he was the hitting coach for Class A Jupiter in 2008-09. During his time in the organization, he worked with Logan Morrison and Giancarlo Stanton.

Of late, Iapoce has been in high demand. The Cubs on Nov. 1 hired him as a special assistant to the general manager/player development. If he remains in Chicago, he will serve as the team’s Minor League hitting coordinator.

Iapoce was recommended to the Cubs by their player development director Brandon Hyde, who formerly was the Marlins bench coach. Recently, Chicago hired Tim Cossins away from the Marlins, where he was the catching coordinator.
                          http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com/

Comment

Miami Marlins new manager Mike Redmond has mentioned Blue Jays bench coach Don Wakamatsu in conversations
                            http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/06...ger-no-problem

Comment

I'd be in favor of that.

Comment

yeah, and I'd imagine he's out of a job in Toronto if they don't hire him as manager since the new guy would presumably want to bring his own dude in

Comment

Working...
                                X