No announcement yet.

Realmuto Goes McCann on Junior Lake; Marlins Take Series 7-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just think it's stupid to pimp an average homer when it cuts your deficit from 6 to 4. i mean, do what you want - i just think you look dumb.

also, regarding jose - fuck chris johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      Pretty sure what set them off was when Jose spit on third base/in Chris Johnson's general direction.
      If that's what happened then yes it's a similar situation. You can act dumb by pimping you're home run in any situation. It may piss off the pitcher who could throw at you the next at bat but it shouldn't piss off the entire team. Disrespecting the opposing team in a way other than your celebration is different. Remember that lo viste shit the 2012 team did. It didn't piss off opposing teams; it just made them look like idiots.

Comment

I feel like I watched the Jose HR thing repeatedly and this is the first I'm hearing about the spitting Chris Johnson thing.

:-/

Comment

I think Jose's situation is also different because he's a pitcher - how often do they hit a home run? I'd have more leeway there - the guy is excited he hit his first home run (I think it was) and he won't hit many.

As has been said, Junior Lake taunted the bench, which is unnecessary and provocative.

If Jose spit on 3rd as mentioned above (which I didn't know), that makes it different to me, closer to what Lake did.

Comment

Rich and Tommy pointed out Jose spitting on third during the broadcast.
            poop

Comment

it wasn't just spitting on third - it was intentionally spitting on the ground toward johnson as a slight to johnson.

also, fuck chris johnson.

Comment

It's all just stupid posturing. Nobody got thrown out, nobody will get suspended. Once Lake gestured towards our dugout, I think we had to come out and confront him, I'll take that over plunking him later in the game and getting a pitcher thrown out.

I will admit I was glued to the screen when Lake came up in his next AB and Carter Capps was in the game throwing triple-digits. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                  It's all just stupid posturing. Nobody got thrown out, nobody will get suspended. Once Lake gestured towards our dugout, I think we had to come out and confront him, I'll take that over plunking him later in the game and getting a pitcher thrown out.

I will admit I was glued to the screen when Lake came up in his next AB and Carter Capps was in the game throwing triple-digits. lol
                  If no one was on base, he was absolutely getting drilled. As it is, making him look silly on that nasty strike out was so much better.

As an aside, Carter Capps is absolutely fucking filthy.

Comment

Agreed, what a weird career he's had.

All I can say he's looked like by far our best reliever over the last two weeks, man if he can stay healthy.

- - - - - - - - - -

He kinda reminds me of Chad Fox from back in the day. Absolutely filthy, but you know his career's going to be super-short.

Comment

Lake said Latos was jawing at him.

Lake, who’s on tap for regular playing time with Jorge Soler going to the DL with an ankle injury Wednesday, said he realized by the time he got to first that he was wrong to flip his bat and thought about apologizing to pitcher Dan Haren. But by then, players in the Marlins dugout, including especially boisterous pitchers Mat Latos and Jose Fernandez (both on the DL), were yelling at him.
                      http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7...ting-like-punk

- - - - - - - - - -

So yeah, the Marlins jawing at him was highly unnecessary as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post

As an aside, Carter Capps is absolutely fucking filthy.
                        He is so fun to watch. Pure filth.

Total speculation but it looks like he is battling Melasma. If he is he's a bit unlucky. It typically happens to women.

When I first saw it at a live Spring Training game I thought it was heat rash on his cheeks but it seems to a constant.

Comment

is there a difference between that and rosacea?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Working...
                            X