Michael Hill Interview with Jim Bowden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
    Hard to see them doing anything like this, and convincing Stanton that they are ready to compete. They have to be extra careful. Main goal is resigning Stanton longterm in offseason.
    Stanton isn't going to not sign cause we trade Cishek away.

Comment

Yeah, if that hypothetical Angels deal was the best we could for Cishek, we should just keep him.

However, it's not, and we shouldn't.

Comment

I'm just trying to think of teams that need a closer and The Angels and Tigers come to mind. I just am not sure what a team would be willing to give up for Cishek. He has club control on his side, which may net a better bunch of prospects, right?
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
          I'm just trying to think of teams that need a closer and The Angels and Tigers come to mind. I just am not sure what a team would be willing to give up for Cishek. He has club control on his side, which may net a better bunch of prospects, right?
          They'll get someone good for him, but it's going to be a not a sure thing prospect and more like an Ozuna/Eovaldi/Nicolino/present day Marisnick and a double AA power arm versus netting a Yelich, Heaney, or Moran. You know that though.

Regardless, this also works against the marlins because SD will take less to clear Benoit's or Street's salary, etc., so it's not like Cishek is going to be the top guy available all things considered.

I'd imagine this is an offseason thing anyways.

Comment

Cards just lost Molina for a couple of months, and Reds just lost Phillips for a couple if months as well. Could be a good sign if fish want to go for it. However, it also means 2B market decreases with Reds likely making a move for one of the guys available. I'm also assuming the SP market demand increases with all the injuries occurring over the past week. Should be interesting to see what FO decides to do.

I wonder what a pitcher such as John Lackey might cost. He would be a sweet addition IF they do indeed decide to spend, and go for it.
            Last edited by Big Z; 07-10-2014, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X