Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    No it's not. Not in Marlins World.

Needing another ace, a #2/#3 and a bench is not really close.

They literally need a Price/Grienke.

- - - - - - - - - -

We'll get Lincecum instead of Grienke
    Well, yeah, that's why I said what it needs and what it'll get are worlds apart.

I don't think the Marlins are a Grienke away from the division. I think it's more like Kazmir and a buy low guy who'll have money coming the other way. It also needs health. Which is probably well past being flukey considering how often everyone gets hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
      Well, yeah, that's why I said what it needs and what it'll get are worlds apart.

I don't think the Marlins are a Grienke away from the division. I think it's more like Kazmir and a buy low guy who'll have money coming the other way. It also needs health. Which is probably well past being flukey considering how often everyone gets hurt.
      I don't understand your argument here. Are you saying you'd rather have Kazmir+other guy than Greinke+other guy? Or that Kazmir+other guy > Grienke alone?

Regarding everyone getting hurt - at what point do they look into a new training/conditioning staff? I mean I realize you can't prevent everything and that injuries will happen that are out of your control (Stanton getting hit, for example), but could the guys condition more and/or differently to help with some of the other ones? Or is it truly just flukey like the Rangers last year where like the whole team was hurt (I think it was last year?). I've been wondering this for a while now.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
        I don't understand your argument here. Are you saying you'd rather have Kazmir+other guy than Greinke+other guy? Or that Kazmir+other guy > Grienke alone?

Regarding everyone getting hurt - at what point do they look into a new training/conditioning staff? I mean I realize you can't prevent everything and that injuries will happen that are out of your control (Stanton getting hit, for example), but could the guys condition more and/or differently to help with some of the other ones? Or is it truly just flukey like the Rangers last year where like the whole team was hurt (I think it was last year?). I've been wondering this for a while now.
        Grienke is better, but I do not think the Marlins need Grienke to be able to contend. I think their roster is fairly close. I think the core is very good.

Comment

• Ah ok. So basically you're just thinking a Kazmir would be good enough to make that push into contention, whereas Greinke would be icing on the cake.

Comment

• and we'll get expired grocery store dumpster throwaways

Comment

• Cosart pre and post vertigo spells: 3.19era 59.1ip 48ha 21er 23bb 38k
              Cosart between 2 vertigo spells: 14.29era 5.2ip 10ha 9er 6bb 5k

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post

fireseancunningham.com
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• There wasn’t an opportunity for Tim Lincecum to acknowledge the fans, as he had hoped. But there’s still a chance he’ll be back this weekend.

In any event, a goodbye might not be necessary. The interest is mutual and strong to re-sign Lincecum, from what I’m told. It’s more a matter of when, how much and in what form, rather than if.
                  http://blogs.mercurynews.com/giants/...ne-dodger-etc/

We're not even gonna get Lincecum!

Comment

• we're going to get Johnny Cueto

and he's going to be Royals Johnny Cueto, not Reds Johnny Cueto.
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                      Cosart pre and post vertigo spells: 3.19era 59.1ip 48ha 21er 23bb 38k
                      Cosart between 2 vertigo spells: 14.29era 5.2ip 10ha 9er 6bb 5k
                      Still too many walks overall, but he's probably fine overall if he can stay healthy.
                      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        Still too many walks overall, but he's probably fine overall if he can stay healthy.
                        but there's a trade-off for low hits. aren't we talking about like a 1.2 whip there? if he's got a 1.2 whip, i'd prefer more of them be walks than hits as you can't get an extra base walk.

if you think the hits given up amount is unsustainable, that's a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                          Too many walks and he's benefited from a 99.1% left on base since his return. I'm still not a believer in him.

Comment

• Biggest thing to me is the jump in homeruns. GB guy after all. I'm fine with the walk rate when he had a sub-0.5 HR/9.

Even since coming back, it's been around 1.

Comment

• I would imagine as the LOB% reverts to the mean, so does the HR/FB.
                              poop

Comment

• Am I the only one worried about Stanton? Here are his games played:

2010: 100 (Called up in June)
                                2011: 150
                                2012: 123
                                2013: 116
                                2014: 145
                                2015: 74

Now I know 2014 he couldn't help, but I just feel like he's always hurt. Makes me worry a bit.
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X