No announcement yet.

Henderson Alvarez, SP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think MK7 keeps changing his claim here.

And Daft, maybe we should market watching these arguments unfold as a reason for new members to join.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      But if the Marlins have fewer days missed due to injury, it would imply that not that many injuries go from minor to major, wouldn't it? I mean, those guys who go from minor to major would end up on the DL, right? And if it happens more often for Miami than other organizations, there would be more time spent on the DL, right?

Either that, or they do an exceptionally good job of keeping players healthy overall, but once the rare players do get hurt, they are going to get more hurt somehow? And if that is the case, then I would say that still comes out in the wash as not a bad training staff, because they are then keeping more players healthy than the norm.

I'm just not sure how you can make the argument you are making about the training staff being abysmal and then think that time spent on the DL would not be reflective of that?
      --------------------

Also, you did this thing with Stanton, who suffered a shoulder injury and then suffered an unrelated hamstring injury a week or so later. How would that be an example of an injury going from minor to something bigger?
      Because having seen the way this team handles injuries I wouldn't be surprised if he did not train properly while he was out with his shoulder injury.
      --------------------
      Originally posted by Hugg View Post
      you forgot to change that last MK7 to Beef
      thanks
      Last edited by emkayseven; 05-02-2013, 06:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I will look into this. Thank you for providing.

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        oh. where?

http://soflamarlins.com/search.php?searchid=1514944 every post I've said the word injury

http://soflamarlins.com/search.php?searchid=1514954 injured

http://soflamarlins.com/search.php?searchid=1514957 strength

http://soflamarlins.com/search.php?searchid=1514962 conditioning

http://soflamarlins.com/search.php?searchid=1514965 disabled

Here, beef. Here's data from the board's whole history. Let's see your calculations that prove I say it about regular injuries.

I await your findings. I will disregard anything Chris Towers says upon reading yours, so chop chop, eh?

Comment

guys, I'm gonna go all "fip" now and disappear because I'm a freelancer and get paid hourly, so when I don't answer until tomorrow feel free to think it's because I don't want to argue anymore.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Comment

guys, I'm gonna go all "fip" now and disappear because I'm a freelancer and get paid hourly, so when I don't answer until tomorrow feel free to think it's because I don't want to argue anymore.
              on this website as soon as you try to state a viewpoint opposite the general consensus you're derided as an idiot.
              Originally posted by emkayseven
              I like the board the way it is.

MK7 likes being called an idiot.
              --------------------
              Because having seen the way this team handles injuries I wouldn't be surprised if he did not train properly while he was out with his shoulder injury.
              Seriously, though, this is ridiculous.

You're just reaching so hard. I hope you do not pull a muscle and blame Sean Cunningham.
              --------------------
              oh. where?
              Also, I can answer this. You did it with Giancarlo Stanton. He hurt his hamstring a week after coming back from a shoulder injury, and you are blaming it on the conditioning staff without any backing whatsoever.
              Last edited by Bobbob1313; 05-02-2013, 07:05 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              poop

Comment

Originally posted by Sandroimbuto
                Hamstring injuries don't just happen if you stretch/warm up/hydrate/etc properly, FWIW
                It happened in the 9th inning of a game while he was running to first base, so it's totally possible he was not hydrated. I think it would be weird to blame that on the training staff, though.
                poop

Comment

I don't see how posting:

Also I'm totally not gonna take this opportunity to knock our strength and conditioning again.

Yes I am.
                  in a Stanton and Mahoney DL thread is about prior injury getting worse.

Also, this:

I've been saying for years that our conditioning staff is the worst. The amount of serious injuries our team sustains both in the majors and minors is incredibly alarming.
                  This isn't about minor injuries turning into major/long-term injuries. It's just about "serious injuries"

You made fun of tjfla in the Rob Rasmussen injury thread for complaining about all of our pitchers getting injured.

In case you might say that I picked a very small amount of your posts from all of your posts on the subject, I really just came upon a few threads in which you bring it up based on your posted searches.

Henderson Alvarez thread, Stanton and Mahoney, Hechavarria (but about Eovaldi)

There is probably more discussion somewhere else that wasn't directly linked in those posts based on those words.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandroimbuto
                    Hamstring injuries don't just happen if you stretch/warm up/hydrate/etc properly, FWIW
                    Sure they can.

Less often? Agreed, but it's not a foolproof prevention plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                      I think this could be funny but it's not because people actually do have stuff to do besides post about the Marlins.

I mean, he actually made a point to say that he was going to be leaving for a while to do some work or whatever.

Do we not really believe him? I believe him.

I'm not trying to be a jerk to you Mainge but I just wanted to point this out.

It's a pet peeve of mine, I suppose.

Comment

I totally believe him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                          It happened in the 9th inning of a game while he was running to first base, so it's totally possible he was not hydrated

And totally possible that his pre-game/post-game warming up/cooling down is not being done correctly. SO MANY THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

It's so awesome that so many things are possible!

Comment

Kevin Garnett once said that anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                              And totally possible that his pre-game/post-game warming up/cooling down is not being done correctly.
                              Sure. That is also possible. I don't think anything I have posted indicates that I do not think that is at least possible.

However, I still think it's incredibly silly to take what we currently know and say, "Giancarlo Stanton hurt his hamstring this week because of the failures of the Marlins strength and conditioning staff." Especially when you are trying to build the case around a single piece of information; "Giancarlo Stanton hurt his shoulder last week."

Lots of players hurt their hamstring. On every single team in the majors, I would guess. Some of them are probably due to dehydration. Some of them are probably due to not stretching correctly. Some of them are probably due to their pre-game/post-game warming up/cooling down not being done correctly. Some of them are probably just the result of overexertion of a muscle and shitty luck. As you alluded to, all of those things are certainly within the realm of possible outcomes.

However, it's definitely silly to definitively say that any one of them is the cause in any specific case, given our limited information.
                              poop

Comment

That won't solve it and it still would be a small sample size. We would need multiple years of data to have statistical power.

Comment

Working...
                                X