No announcement yet.

Marlins trade Ruggiano to Cubs for Brian Bogusevic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol "Reached via text, Ruggiano replied that he "couldn't be happier about it.""
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Lolololol
      poop

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
        Saves some money.

And good thing they are saving money. The payroll for 2014 was getting out of hand.

In all serious though, if the money saved will be going toward a meaningful signing at 3B it's great. But we're very cautiously optimistic.

Comment

This trade was all about saving cash.

Bogusevic is a 4th OF who can play all 3 spots and PH. Plus is alot cheaper.

They did try tho to get one of those young minor league position guys for Ruggiano and a young minor league arm however the Cubs were not ready to do anything yet. They could revisit talks tho

Comment

RIP LoMo and Ruge and their respective .709 and .694 OPS's

Comment

It's not a high impact thing so it doesn't matter but Rugs is a very good 4th OFer (2.5 career WAR over 650 PA). With 3 young OFers, having him to help settle them in would have been nice and he also fit a need (LH masher for 1B and OF).

Bogusevic is incredibly repetitive unless we get rid of dobbs and I don't know who in the world would take him off our hands.

But again, incredibly low impact move so whatever

Comment

Bogusevic's a good defensive outfielder with a cannon arm (started his pro career as a pitcher) too.

This seems fine except we have way too many left-handed bats.

Comment

Would anyone other than Loria be opposed to DFAing Dobbs? I mean I can't see anyone complaining about it.

And complaining about to many left-handers is always just an odd thing.

Bogusevic pitched an inning with Houston in 2012; it did not go very well. I'm fine with the trade; I'd rather have Ruge and Bogusevic would have probably rather stayed at home but you can't judge a move that is this insignificant in isolation and maybe they finally have a vision for the big picture.

Comment

I think you meant big pile not big picture

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post

Why?

Comment

Salty: 645pa .206/.267/.332
                        Jones: 526pa .193/.234/.344
                        Dobbs: 220pa .225/.273/.255
                        Bogusevic MLB: 102pa .147/.206/.200 MILB(11-13): 184pa .256/.348/.369 (.216 pt ops drop from R)
                        Yelich MLB: 102pa .165/.245/.231 MILB (11-13): 446pa .263/.343/.411 (.208 pt drop from R)

Salty's a switch hitter, but he still can't hit lefties.

Add in that the catcher we replace Salty with vs. lefties can't hit period and the fact our SS can't hit, and we potentially could be really, really bad vs. lefties. If Yelich sucks against them again, 3 of our 4 best bats will be useless whenever we face a lefty.

Bogusevic directly isn't the problem, but much rather have a lefty masher in his roster spot.
                        Last edited by HUGG; 12-12-2013, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Yes I realize that but it is often the issue that teams don't have enough lefties. It isn't common for teams to have too many lefties.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                            we potentially could be really, really bad vs. lefties
                            Why potentially? We can make a very solid argument the second best hitter against LHP is Ed Lucas.

What else do you have to say?

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                              Would anyone other than Loria be opposed to DFAing Dobbs? I mean I can't see anyone complaining about it.

Bogusevic pitched an inning with Houston in 2012; it did not go very well. I'm fine with the trade; I'd rather have Ruge and Bogusevic would have probably rather stayed at home but you can't judge a move that is this insignificant in isolation and maybe they finally have a vision for the big picture.
                              not gonna happen, remember they signed him to an extension under a shroud of secrecy last season. he's going to finish his career here and then become a coach
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                not gonna happen, remember they signed him to an extension under a shroud of secrecy last season. he's going to finish his career here and then become a coach
                                Ya pretty much this,Loria wants him here and eventually will be a coach in the minors for us. Jennings is trying to talk Loria into trading him but doubt that will happen,thing is there was some interest in him at the meetings. Atlanta likes him alot

Comment

Working...
                                X