No announcement yet.

Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not play jones in LF, Yelich CF, Trumbo 1B, and still acquire a 3B. It's not like Ozuna/Marisnick/Dietrich can't be in AAA.

Cf-yelich
    2B-Furcal
    RF-Stanton
    1B-Trumbo
    C-Salty
    LF-Jones
    3B-???
    SS-Hecha
    Mathis, Dobbs, Ruggiano, Solano/Lucas , and "guy who hits lefties"

If they signed Uribe and Mark Reynolds for those two spots, that lineup is pretty damn good.

Comment

• and to think 2 years ago they didn't want to trade Morrison for gio Gonzalez.

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
        and to think 2 years ago they didn't want to trade Morrison for gio Gonzalez.
        and people ask why would they deal him now? Morrison gets hurt this year or puts up crap numbers and he is prolly gone for nothing next season. Instead u trade him now-get something useful and let that team deal with it

Before anyone says again his value is low-what would u rather have if u were Tampa or Milwaukee-LoMo on a cheap contract for a young player OR Kendrys Morales on a 2 yr 30 million dollar deal and a #1 pick lost

Not saying this is a rumor but I wonder if LAA would like Johnny Hellweg or even Pena back from Milwaukee? Trade LoMo to Milwaukee for 1 of them and then Alvarez,the 1 they get and Skip for Trumbo(Yes Skip sucks but they have been putting his name in all talks so)
        Last edited by tjfla; 12-06-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Tjfla, what about cespedes at 1B?

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            Why not play jones in LF, Yelich CF, Trumbo 1B, and still acquire a 3B. It's not like Ozuna/Marisnick/Dietrich can't be in AAA.

Cf-yelich
            2B-Furcal
            RF-Stanton
            1B-Trumbo
            C-Salty
            LF-Jones
            3B-???
            SS-Hecha
            Mathis, Dobbs, Ruggiano, Solano/Lucas , and "guy who hits lefties"

If they signed Uribe and Mark Reynolds for those two spots, that lineup is pretty damn good.
            A Jones/Ruggiano platoon in left works.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              and people ask why would they deal him now? Morrison gets hurt this year or puts up crap numbers and he is prolly gone for nothing next season. Instead u trade him now-get something useful and let that team deal with it

Before anyone says again his value is low-what would u rather have if u were Tampa or Milwaukee-LoMo on a cheap contract for a young player OR Kendrys Morales on a 2 yr 30 million dollar deal and a #1 pick lost
              There is also the argument that you're essentially 'pot-committed' at this point with him, so why dump him for an also-ran? There always is the chance that he finally realizes his potential, and then you passed up the chance to trade him for value, sold low, and he then becomes a good player. I'd rather lose him for nothing than have that scenario happen.

Again though, it all depends on exactly what you can get for him now. I don't think you dump him just to dump him. If you can get something of value back, then sure, why not? If not, it dumb to trade him.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post

Not saying this is a rumor but I wonder if LAA would like Johnny Hellweg or even Pena back from Milwaukee? Trade LoMo to Milwaukee for 1 of them and then Alvarez,the 1 they get and Skip for Trumbo(Yes Skip sucks but they have been putting his name in all talks so)
                I think I rather get rid of Turner than Alvarez.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                  There is also the argument that you're essentially 'pot-committed' at this point with him, so why dump him for an also-ran? There always is the chance that he finally realizes his potential, and then you passed up the chance to trade him for value, sold low, and he then becomes a good player. I'd rather lose him for nothing than have that scenario happen.

Again though, it all depends on exactly what you can get for him now. I don't think you dump him just to dump him. If you can get something of value back, then sure, why not? If not, it dumb to trade him.
                  Ya but Jones is signed to play 1B-if LAA says get Johnny Hellweg and we will take Alvarez and Hellweg for Trumbo,how dont u do it? U get Trumbo to play 3B and then 1B

I am not saying trade LoMo for a 19 yr old in Rookie ball just to get rid of him
                  --------------------
                  Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                  I think I rather get rid of Turner than Alvarez.
                  I think they dont care which 1 LAA wants as long as the name isnt Eovaldi,which has been the problem up to this point. We have been making offers and the response has been Eovaldi or bye
                  Last edited by tjfla; 12-06-2013, 01:34 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Definitely in this order:

1. Eovaldi
                    2. Alvarez
                    3. Turner

I just don't see Turner as anything more than a #5. None of his pitches are dominating. On the other hand, Alvarez's style fits Marlins Park perfectly
                    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• I like the idea of Jones and Rugg platoon.
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Trumbo has played 65 innings at 3rd in his professional career. He's not even an average first baseman defensively. The way the roster is being assembled defense is clearly taken into consideration. Meaning he won't be playing any significant amount of time at third base for the marlins

Comment

• @JCRMarlinsbeat: #Marlins close on a two-year, $7.5M deal with 1Bman Garrett Jones. He would make $2.5M in '14 and $5M in '15.

m.twitter.com/JCRMarlinsbeat

I smell a postseason trade
                          --------------------
                          Seems clear their intent is to play jones at 1b. Do they platoon ruggiano there? I seem to recall an article or tweet in the last 48 hours about ruggiano playing first but maybe I'm crazy
                          Last edited by emkayseven; 12-06-2013, 01:53 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                            Trumbo has played 65 innings at 3rd in his professional career. He's not even an average first baseman defensively. The way the roster is being assembled defense is clearly taken into consideration. Meaning he won't be playing any significant amount of time at third base for the marlins
                            I agree.

Like that team I typed above, they can put Jones/Rugg in LF, and Ozuna/Marisnick in the minors. Yelich can handle CF against right handers for the year (assume Rugg would move over for the LHP part of platoon). Trumbo stays at 1B.

They'd need to sign two 3B, or keep Dietrich around as one of them, and maybe get a vagabond 5th Sp since they've traded Alvarez/Turner, but starting to look like a real team.

Comment

• All of Seattle's prospect would look good for Stanton but I guess they're going for Price.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Well the Uribe offer seems to still be out there and they have been looking to add a veteran innings eater so

Ruggiano all I have heard is the 4th OF

Gotta think Dietrich starts the year in AAA and is brought up at the deadline when Furcal is dealt if we are out of it

Comment

Working...
                                X