Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Well we aren't even 12 hours in and Geoff Blum already tweeted Perry Hill saying he is recommending him to Bo and Jeff (of the Astros.)
    --------------------
    Here is the exchange.

Geoff Blum ‏@blummer27 6m
    @PHill_bone I'm recommending you to Bo & Jeff
    Expand
    perry hill ‏@PHill_bone 4m
    @blummer27 closing plane door - talk soon? #playthemarks
    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 09-29-2013, 06:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

#TradeStantonforthenextMaybinandMiller

Comment

There will not be a single offseason thread for this forum. Separate thread for separate topics.

Comment

Yeah, I figured, but I didn't wanna make a thread just for a tweet and I didn't know where else to put it.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

well it didn't really need to be posted so
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Off Season Starting out good for us so far. Mat Gamel who was waived could have been a cheap option at 1B or 3B for us next year gets claimed by the Cubs.

Someone needs to inform Loria that we get second pick on these guys! I know we got a tight 40 man with Velasquez,Koyie Hill and Josh Wall still on it but damn

Comment

yeah as soon as i saw gamel was waived i was hoping we'd pick him up but knew we wouldn't
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Gamel is a terrible fielder but can hit. Injury issues too

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Off Season Starting out good for us so far. Mat Gamel who was waived could have been a cheap option at 1B or 3B for us next year gets claimed by the Cubs.

Someone needs to inform Loria that we get second pick on these guys! I know we got a tight 40 man with Velasquez,Koyie Hill and Josh Wall still on it but damn
                  Dude's got a .671 OPS in the majors and 75 plate appearances over the last two seasons. Y'all are really gonna do this all offseason?
                  poop

Comment

It's too late

Comment

I mean, I know he sucks, but I'd rather see him competing for a job than the classic Dobbs/Velazquez/Can-Coghlan-Do-It/Solano/Is-Moran-Ready competition we're going to see in spring

on a real team, no, I'd never think of touching him

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        I mean, I know he sucks, but I'd rather see him competing for a job than the classic Dobbs/Velazquez/Can-Coghlan-Do-It/Solano/Is-Moran-Ready competition we're going to see in spring

on a real team, no, I'd never think of touching him
                        I fail to understand how these two options are less exciting than operation Maybe-Gamel-Doesn't-Suck.

If the Marlins would've signed Gamel, I'm sure the response would've been something along the lines of "lol at Loria, I guess this is our power-hitting 3B!"

Comment

I don't see how Moran could possibly be ready after half a season in Greensboro.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                            Dude's got a .671 OPS in the majors and 75 plate appearances over the last two seasons. Y'all are really gonna do this all offseason?
                            I would rather have us take a chance on him and if he gets hurt again O well then rather than find a 35 yr old on the FA market

Moran won't be ready till 2015 at the earliest which means right now our 3B job is Coghlan,Solano,Lucas,Dobbs,Velazquez and whoever else we sign to a minor league deal

The whole purpose of sucking is to get better draft picks,more pool money and first pick of guys who are DFA/Waived

Comment

Sign McCann and Abreu, trade LoMo and Cishek for a 2B/3B, extend Stanton, and call it an off-season.

Then next season, we trade EVERYONE and return to the Marlins Way!!

Comment

Working...
                              X