Comment

James on the season:

20.2 IP
      5.23 ERA
      23 K
      12 BB
      3 to 1 GO/FO ratio
      1 HR

Walks are an issue, but if he gets those down while keeping the K rate and GB rate, he's going to start looking really cool.

We are being super careful with him. Barely averaging 4 IP per GS, though I don't know if that's necessarily kid's glove or him not being efficient. I can't imagine we are letting him throw more than 80 pitches right now.
      poop

Comment

6ip 5h 1er 3bb 9k tonight.
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

who is the guy that has to eat a frog?

Comment

Comment

Damn, James goes hard. I like him already
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

That's at Todd.

Comment

fip made me laugh!

Comment

Just a quick note. In his last 5 games James has thrown 23.1 innings, allowed 13 hits, while striking out 27. He has also walked 16, which pretty much negates the fact that bats aren't touching him. However, his stuff does seem to be pretty dominating.

Yep.
                    Christian Yelich
                    LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                    12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                    100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                    .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

The control problems don't worry me all that much because, generally speaking, it can take lefties a little longer to work out their control issues. And James is what, 19?

Another important thing to note about James: he's done an excellent job of limiting XBH (probably partially because of his GB rates). In just over 45 innings, James has given up 36 hits. 4 of those hits have been doubles and one has been a home run. From what minor league splits indicates, all the rest (31 out of 36 hits) have been singles.

A lefty with the ability to rack up Ks and limit XBHs is huge. He'll figure the control stuff out eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                        I still think its asinine to have Chad James start out in Greensboro when he hasnt thrown a pitch at the Rookie or Low A levels yet. Kind of like trying to say "see look! he is starting out at Greensboro, he wasnt a crappy pick!"
                        Good, let him do that. He shouldnt of been a douchebag and held out, maybe he wouldnt be in this position.

Figures the Marlins make a big reach on a player so they can pay slot or a little less and he still holds out for more money.
                        If he pitches competitively I will eat a live frog. He will get annihilated at Greensboro. I fully expect him to finish the year with an ERA north of 7 and a WHIP approaching 2, and an OPS against that nears .900.
                        And to be fair, I have never seen anyone call James a stud. His projections have been all over the place. Some think he will be a decent mid rotation starter, some a loogy.
                        Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        I've never seen anyone say this.
                        Well I have. Just dont ask me to produce where.
                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A[/ame]

Comment

I recommend the live frog be poisonous.

Comment

From the scouting reports when he was drafted, the control issues aren't too surprising.

And I guess the uptick in velocity people were saying he got right before the draft was legit. Just from the K numbers, he's gotta have good stuff.
                            poop

Comment

http://www.bigappleherp.com/ANIMALS-...4Pa38Ta38Rahr0

Comment

I'm with Wanks. If you're missing a lot of bats at 19, I'm OK trying/hoping control comes somewhere down the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X