• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
    another moment brought to you by...

this was outstanding

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
      He finished 3rd in Cy Young voting. Wainwright got 2nd.
      He was left off 6 ballots completely.

Comment

• There are some dumb people allowed to vote.

Comment

• Wainright getting 2nd isn't bad (70+ IP gap) but whoever gave Wainright a first place vote should have his voting privileges rescinded.

Comment

• It was a Reds guy: http://bbwaa.com/13-nl-cy/

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
              I didn't know Richie Incognito moonlighted on the Marlins.
              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• clarkspencer
                ‏@clarkspencer
                Big rookie season leads to big raise for #Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez: $635K according to the pitcher.
                Good raise for the kid. Now they need to lock him up.
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Named NL Pitcher of the Month.
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Watching the FO handle Jose and Stanton contract wise will be like a Greek tragedy.

Comment

• I imagine Stanton would have won NL POTM if Tulo hadn't have hit .400
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Jose was back in uniform on Monday. He shagged fly balls in the outfield.

Comment

• Cool story, bro.
                          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Ace Jose Fernandez, out for the season after undergoing Tommy John surgery in mid-May, visited the booth to provide an update on his right elbow.

"It feels great," Fernandez said. "Everybody's really happy the way the arm's coming along. I've got no pain. I feel great. Really healthy. Ron (Yacoub), my therapist, has done a great job. I'm really proud. We've been working really hard all day together. It's just fun to see how much progress we've made in three months."

With his club 3½ games out of the second National League wild-card spot entering the series finale against the St. Louis Cardinals, Fernandez admitted it has been tough to watch games at Marlins Park and on TV.

"I wouldn't say it's hard," Fernandez said. "It's painful. Seeing your team playing that well, the way they're playing and being out there at home without doing anything. Feeling 100 percent great the way I feel. I feel fantastic, incredible right now. Just can't do anything."
                            The 22-year-old has been cleared to run and swim. The latter activity has made his shoulders stronger. Fernandez cannot bike on the streets but from the comfort of his home. Days when Fernandez comes to the ballpark, he shags flyballs with his teammates during batting practice.

"I'm really trying to enjoy it," Fernandez said. "It's fun. You guys see me every day. I like to do it. Trying to stay in shape and work hard. When I had the surgery the first couple months I gained some weight and now I'm back to where the team wants me to be. Work harder, get healthy and get back at it."

According to his rehab plan, Fernandez hopes to play catch on Oct. 16. He previously told FOXSportsFlorida.com he is eyeing a return to the big leagues the first game following next year's All-Star break.

"I know the date, I know the time," Fernandez said. "I've already got an alarm set up. It's going to be Oct. 16. I can't wait. I feel so great. My arm feels so amazing. I want to get back and enjoy it."

Over the past few months, Fernandez has received support from other players who have undergone the surgery. When the New York Mets visited Marlins Park in late June, Fernandez and ace Matt Harvey spoke for half an hour.

His biggest takeaway from people offering advice?
                            "I don't try to ask too much because obviously everybody's different and everybody's arm's going to heal different," Fernandez said. "I have talked to a couple of people, take the best out of everybody and put it in my stuff. Trying to go through the process. It's painful and hard, but soon I'll be back and helping the guys and it'll be amazing again.
                            "Being patient is really, really, really important. That's what everybody says. Everybody's telling me, 'You're young, you can still be great, got to be patient.'"
                            http://www.foxsports.com/florida/sto...process-081314

Comment

• Jeez, out until the All-Star break?

That kinda changes, well, everything.
                              poop

Comment

• Yeah, they are taking their time. Guess that's the reason they want a starter. Alvarez, Eovaldi, Cosart, FA and Heaney/Hand/Koehler/Desco/Flynn.

Comment

Working...
                                X