X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when Mark Hendrickson was our opening day starter

Good times

Comment

• Pretty sure he meant lefty that has been the in the rotation consistently for more than a season. I have no issue with what he said.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
        Because they've had lefty starters, and a high priced free agent one at that. By your account, they've had at least 2 seasons worth. I mean, you forget about Buerhle and you're the GM in charge? I understand its off handed commentary, doesn't really matter, and shit happens to all of us, but its just not remotely accurate and I wonder where the hell these guys heads are.
        They have received the equivalent of roughly three total seasons out 25 possible seasons from left-handed starters, and only one left-handed starter has spent a full season in the rotation.

They have had one full season from a left-handed starter in five years. I think it's kinda obvious he didn't mean, "We have literally had zero left-handed starters at any point since Olsen left."

He meant they haven't had a consistent left-handed presence in the rotation since Olsen. Given that Olsen was a full-time starter for three full seasons and that was the standard he was judging by, that seems like a mostly reasonable position to take.

There are enough actual things to dislike about this organization without doing this thing.
        poop

Comment

• Hatcher down to AAA and Paredes to Baltimore
          --------------------
          Also we have an offer out to Chris Capuano but he is waiting for a contender to call before he decides
          Last edited by tjfla; 02-15-2014, 02:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I think another SP will just clog things up even more. The 4th and 5th spot are up for grabs with Turner, Hand, Slowey, Kohler, etc., all competing for those spots, and both Turner and Hand are out of options.

Comment

• Red said that the top of the lineup will be

Furcal
              Yelich
              Stanton.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• who didn't see Furcal leading off? In the Marlins organization, a leadoff hitter MUST be an ethnic guy who is perceived as fast.
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  who didn't see Furcal leading off? In the Marlins organization, a leadoff hitter MUST be an ethnic guy who is perceived as fast.
                  ?? Pierre ... But I guess you're still right considering black is an ethnicity ...

Stupid.
                  STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Did Valdespin get a spring training invite? I have not heard about him all spring.

Comment

• Yelich, Coghlan, Peterson

Prob not really a that's so Marlins thing

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                        Did Valdespin get a spring training invite? I have not heard about him all spring.
                        No, he did not.
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                        X