• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    Bucklin's back!
    Not true. Merry Christmas, though.
    --------------------
    Oh wow - looks like I had Christian Yelich in the Adopt-A-Minor-Leaguer draft a few years back. SURREAL. SoReal.
    Last edited by Bucklin12; 12-05-2013, 04:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    Christian Yelich
    LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
    12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
    100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
    .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

stay for a while!
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Every day I'm Buckeling!

Comment

He's turned out to be quite the disappointment. It sucks to be stuck with him for the next two years now.

Comment

Him getting thrown out at 3B after tagging up for the third out was fun

Comment

I don't know how his defense rates as a +4.2 on fangraphs. He has like a dozen errors and is supposedly one of the worst pitch framers in baseball. And offensively, he's basically been one of the worst hitters in baseball since the calendar turned to May. He's awful and has bad hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                I don't know how his defense rates as a +4.2 on fangraphs. He has like a dozen errors and is supposedly one of the worst pitch framers in baseball. And offensively, he's basically been one of the worst hitters in baseball since the calendar turned to May. He's awful and has bad hair.
                A lot of the pitches are charged as wild pitches and not passed balls. I think he is one of the worst defensive catches in the MLB. Honestly I would rather us move him to 1st next yr and see if it takes the toll off his body and he hits better. Cause right now is just useless.

Comment

Yeah, the defense is horrendous.

I still don't really have a problem with the signing, because it's not a ton of money and outside of Realmuto we have no catchers remotely close. I'd prefer Salty to Brantly for sure. According to fangraphs he's been worth $8.3 million this year. I don't think it's a terrible contract unless it prevents a Stanton signing, and I don't even think we'd have trouble moving it.
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Yeah, $7 million a year isn't even close to onerous, even with how bad he's been for most of the season.

It's kinda stupid that we have to worry about $7 million, tho.
                    poop

Comment

So complain that we got a catcher a decent ML catcher finally for 7 million a year or complain of a Brantly/Mathis combo and saying when is Realmuto coming up?

What we need to complain about is taking Skipworthless instead of Jason Castro/Gordon Beckham or complain about how SF screwed us by taking Posey 1 pick before

Comment

Gordon Beckham is terrible. I'm not sure you know baseball.
                        --------------------
                        also worthless like his name which is worth but the opposite
                        Last edited by Bobbob1313; 08-08-2014, 06:07 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                        poop

Comment

Man, the 2008 first draft was pretty terrible overall

Posey is the only good player of the bunch, and there's barely any average players

Comment

Anyone think that Saltalamacchia has a historically bad year this year? I could see that happening.

Comment

I think he bounces back and has a pretty decent season.

Comment

Salty = John Buck 2.0

Comment

Working...
                                X