No announcement yet.

Spring Training 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hear this story about Josh Booty-he is in Dbacks camp as a Knuckleballer at 37. Could be our 5th starter!!!

•The winner of the MLB Network's reality show, Josh Booty, is technically property of the Marlins despite being in camp with the Diamondbacks, sources tell Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. The Marlins still own his rights after taking him with the fifth pick in the 1994 draft. Miami agreed to release the knuckleballer off of their retired list, but only under the condition that they could reclaim him if Arizona planned to add him to their major league roster at the end of spring training.

Comment

Couldn't they just not add him to the opening day roster then call him up like a week later?

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Anyone hear this story about Josh Booty-he is in Dbacks camp as a Knuckleballer at 37. Could be our 5th starter!!!

•The winner of the MLB Network's reality show, Josh Booty, is technically property of the Marlins despite being in camp with the Diamondbacks, sources tell Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. The Marlins still own his rights after taking him with the fifth pick in the 1994 draft. Miami agreed to release the knuckleballer off of their retired list, but only under the condition that they could reclaim him if Arizona planned to add him to their major league roster at the end of spring training.
        yes, we all heard about it in the MLB forum

Comment

Cogz has been doing a hell of a job so far this spring (.333 BA and 4-4 tonight .vs Venezuela). Looks like he's starting to come aroun again. Hopefully he gets one more hot here.

Comment

I too hope he gets one more hot here

Comment

I hope he gets more than one more hot here.

Comment

Marlins 2013 - Fishay Fishayyy!

There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                  I too hope he gets one more hot here
                  It's 35 in Columbus right now, I don't think he's getting any hots there.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

and Silverio's start on the 60 Day DL starts(As well as an 40 man opening)

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marli...prained-elbow/

This was the plan when we took him. He will be fine tho once Juan Pierre gets traded-just remember he needs to be on the ML Roster 90 Days

Comment

@JCRMarlinsbeat: S.Maine opt to NOLA; Caminero, Cox opt. to Jax; Brady, Conley, Flynn, Lazo, Black, Dietrich, Mattison reassigned to min lg; Wuertz released
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Lolololol

@JCRMarlinsbeat: Heath Bell is gone RT @Fins_heat_fish: Been a fish fan my whole life; having trouble caring/getting excited about this season. Help please
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                          @JCRMarlinsbeat: S.Maine opt to NOLA; Caminero, Cox opt. to Jax; Brady, Conley, Flynn, Lazo, Black, Dietrich, Mattison reassigned to min lg; Wuertz released
                          So as of right now 2 40 man spots open(Silverio-60 Day DL and Maine optioned already means he lost the 2nd LOOGY job and will be DFA when needed)

Comment

I dunno if they'll get rid of Maine that easily. I mean, they may, but I wouldn't say it's definitely going to happen. Also Lara will likely be returned so that's another spot open.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                              I dunno if they'll get rid of Maine that easily. I mean, they may, but I wouldn't say it's definitely going to happen. Also Lara will likely be returned so that's another spot open.
                              True but never a good thing when u are on the 40 man and they keep a Rule 5 guy and a Minor League FA in camp instead of u

Comment

Touché.
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X