No announcement yet.

Marlins Sign Jose Reyes to 6 year, $106 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder how "high" that annual salary might be.

Anyone think Reyes wants more than just 3 years?

I do.

Comment

• He supposedly wants at least 6 so it must either have a huge annual salary (or many options) or it's a token offer
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Look for the NY daily news article because I read on twitter that it would be over 30mil annually

Comment

• Uhhhhhh

Comment

• UHHHHHHHHH
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• 20*, I'm on my phone sorry haha

Comment

• [o]..[o]

....j

.../\
                ...\/

Comment

• I hope Josh Harper is right.

Comment

• With their new, retractable-roof stadium opening next season, the Marlins want to make a splash, and one major league executive speculated Tuesday that the ballclub is “trying to cultivate the Latino market” in Miami by hiring manager Ozzie Guillen and now pursuing Reyes to pair with Hanley Ramirez on the left side of the infield.

With the Tigers, Brewers and perhaps the Nationals offering indications of being serious players for Reyes as well, the Mets look to be losing him already.

Yet Mets people on Tuesday privately downplayed the significance of the Marlins’ aggressiveness. One person said he heard they plan to offer Reyes only a three-year deal at a high annual average, presumably more than $20 million a year.

Another Mets person joked that, “Calling him at 12:01 only gets you to 12:02. The more important message is the offer.”
                    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz1dDjpwdNQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
                      "One person heard"? Oh well, then it must be true...

Comment

• Yeah, that is a terrible source.

Comment

• Ehe, that is pretty awesome. Source is that guy that told Ramp that money would not be released.

Comment

• I'll admit it...I am that one person.

Comment

• The Mets sound really butt hurt that Reyes won't be going back to NYC.

Comment

• I don't think any free-agent has more to gain from taking a short-term deal then Reyes. When you think about it, he really did nothing to dispel the concerns that existed about him for his entire career.

However, the big problem is giving him a short-term deal with the annual value where it would be on an otherwise long-term deal. I really hope the Marlins aren't being this foolish.

Comment

Working...
                                X