X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Trade 39th Overall Pick to Pirates for Bryan Morris

Why
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Dumb!

Comment

Holy shitload of walks. Wtf?! Sounds like he has the same issues as the rest of our shitty relievers.

Comment

This is bad.

Comment

Because he is a ML RP and we already have too many picks.

Our draft pool is now 12.5 million

I mentioned we should look at Vin Mazzaro yesterday because I was hearing that we were looking at a Pitt RP-guess this is who that were looking at

Comment

I'm not sure what's worse. This trade or the fact that this guy is arguably the second best reliever on the team? I'm going with this trade.

Comment

Too many picks? How can you have too many picks when you know you'll likely be too cheap to sign a player or two?

Comment

Lol
                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Guys the trade is not as bad as it looks especially if you want a pitcher in the draft who can move fast.

I keep saying that our FO likes Aaron Nola better than Rodon and this move could help us in taking him. I heard that they like Nola but no reason to pay him 6 million or more as the #2 Pick however MLB was saying u can't have the highest draft pool and make cost saving picks.

So with this trade it might kill 3 birds with 1 stone-

Lowers our draft pool to 12.5 million
                  Gives us a ML RP(Not a great one but not Hatcher bad)
                  Makes it possible we look at Aaron Nola

Comment

^None of that makes me feel better about this trade.

1. We lose draft pool money
                    2. He is as bad, if not worse than Hatcher. (5.01 career FIP)
                    3. Aaron Nola is a lesser pitcher and prospect than Rondon or Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Guys the trade is not as bad as it looks
                      You honestly just don't understand baseball.
                      --------------------
                      Also your anti Chris Hatcher thing is kinda weird.
                      Last edited by Bobbob1313; 06-01-2014, 11:44 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      poop

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post

To be fair, he's better than Hatcher. But yeah, definitely a bad trade.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post

1 They arent spending the draft pool money anyway-u really think that in Rd 6 they are taking the BPA for slot? HAHA They are gonna take some Senior Catcher or some JC SP who will sign for 100K. The more draft pool money that can give away the more Loria won't have to worry about MLB saying spend it

2 Hatcher is terrible

3 I am no Aaron Nola fan but the FO seems to be. They think he is the Top College Arm and that he can move thru the system fast.

and Bob the trade is terrible in my view but in the Marlins(Loria) view it's a good trade. They get a ML RP who can help this year for a draft pick that would take years to develop. Plus if they like a guy at #39,he will probably be there at #43. On top of that 1.5 million just vanished into thin air to which Loria doesnt have to worry about spending

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Guys the trade is not as bad as it looks especially if you want a pitcher in the draft who can move fast.

I keep saying that our FO likes Aaron Nola better than Rodon and this move could help us in taking him. I heard that they like Nola but no reason to pay him 6 million or more as the #2 Pick however MLB was saying u can't have the highest draft pool and make cost saving picks.

So with this trade it might kill 3 birds with 1 stone-

Lowers our draft pool to 12.5 million
                            Gives us a ML RP(Not a great one but not Hatcher bad)
                            Makes it possible we look at Aaron Nola
                            I don't understand how one move relates to the other.

Comment

Go get some quality relievers you damn fools. This trade blows. If they're serious about contending, they should stop dicking around and get someone who can throw strikes. This bullpen has caused us quite a bit of losses already and it's frustrating to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X