• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    You make a lot of assumptions.
    I'd say that's a fair assumption. I did say "at least some, not all."

Comment

Either way, there's definitely Panthers' fans here.

And you can't blame people for laughing at the Panthers. They've arguably been one of the 5 worst franchises in professional sports for a decade.
      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
        That's great; they're still nothing but a bunch of underachievers this year.

THEN ROOT FOR THE FUCKING RED SOX

Shit happens dude. Quit being an enormous Debbie Downer. They had an epically awful June. Aside from that (JJ going on DL, H2R being terrible) they've been a good team.

The negative nancy shit just gets old after a while man.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          Either way, there's definitely Panthers' fans here.

And you can't blame people for laughing at the Panthers. They've arguably been one of the 5 worst franchises in professional sports for a decade.
          Yes and my wild assumption is that you're not one of them.

Also, kudos on knowing your history. I fail to see how that is relevant to the topic, considering that the past ten years have absolutely nothing to do with the upcoming year that I said I was excited for.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          THEN ROOT FOR THE FUCKING RED SOX

Shit happens dude. Quit being an enormous Debbie Downer. They had an epically awful June. Aside from that (JJ going on DL, H2R being terrible) they've been a good team.

The negative nancy shit just gets old after a while man.
          You call it negative; I call it realistic.

I don't see what the big deal is. They've been a bad team. It's not as if I'm pulling shit out of my ass.

They've also been a funny team, as well. They've lost games with grounders going through legs; they've lost games on intentional walk wild pitches. They've found tremendous ways.

I'm not even sure what "aside from (JJ going on the DL, H2R being terrible), they've been a good team" means. Seriously, what does that mean?

It just seems like you're cool settling for this current mediocrity. The front office's expectations were playoffs. This is the same front office that has delivered a World Series in the past. I'm a diehard fan like the rest, and a diehard fan with expectations. I don't see why we should accept the mediocrity...especially now when they're actually spending more money.
          Last edited by Erick; 07-04-2011, 11:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Was watching some videos of the game on floridamarlins.com. Something about the sight of Jack McKeon running from the dugout to argue a call...it just warms my heart.

Comment

Yes and my wild assumption is that you're not one of them.

Also, kudos on knowing your history. I fail to see how that is relevant to the topic, considering that the past ten years have absolutely nothing to do with the upcoming year that I said I was excited for.
              --------------------

They've also been a funny team, as well. They've lost games with grounders going through legs

The front office's expectations were playoffs.

You're right, the Marlins are the only team to lose with grounders going under legs this season. What the fuck was I thinking????

Show me a FO that doesn't have playoff expectations during Spring Training.

one time c'mon

Comment

The front office's expectations were playoffs. This is the same front office that has delivered a World Series in the past. I'm a diehard fan like the rest, and a diehard fan with expectations. I don't see why we should accept the mediocrity...especially now when they're actually spending more money.
                What the front office tells the media and what they truly believe are two different things. No one will argue that June wasn't incredibly disappointing but it showed the flaws in this team and will hopefully allow the front office to make the necessary moves from here while we head into the new stadium.

No one is accepting mediocrity, but every one in a blue moon insane things happen in baseball. The Marlins went from 2 games out of 1st to 15 out in about 25 days. This isn't normal. It was a completely fluke thing to happen to the team. They lost something like 13 straight 1 run game (I don't even know if we've won a 1 run game recently).

Comment

After losing 14 one run games in a row they won one last week.

And then lost another tonight. So they've lost 15 out of their last 16 one run games.

That's like total insanity. Total fluke shit.

Comment

You're right, the Marlins are the only team to lose with grounders going under legs this season. What the fuck was I thinking????

Show me a FO that doesn't have playoff expectations during Spring Training.

one time c'mon
                    Plenty of them are well aware that they're in the process of rebuilding and are thus gonna suck.

That wasn't the case with the Marlins.
                    I still don't see the big deal. Unless if this is a case of me being too redundant or something, in which case I have not noticed and I apologize.

Either way, just a month and a half ago, I was on here telling this Emperor dude that you guys continually mention that there was no way that we'd finish behind the Mets. The talent of the two rosters on paper does not really compare to me...or anyone else who knows the game, for that matter. Yet, here we are in last place in July.

Regardless of how you want to spin it, the regression that this team has taken this year is extremely disappointing.

And it's not just the record, it's the regression of individual core players. Beginning with Hanley Ramirez...I would've never, ever expected that he'd be this bad. Obviously it's not a big deal going into the future, but now you can't even count on Hanley Ramirez to be the guy you're building around in your lineup because you no longer know who the real Hanley Ramirez is. It's impossible to tell, at this point, whether or not this was just some fluke or if he's just regressed. I hate stuff like that, especially considering that he's in his prime.

To be honest, there have only been a couple of good things about this year.
                    The significant one is the emergence of Anibal Sanchez as a borderline ace starter.
                    The second is the recent emergence of Emilio Bonifacio, who might just be capable of playing everyday with his play this year/recent motivation to steal bases.

Aside from that, I see nothing aside from becoming a Steve Cishek fan.
                    --------------------
                    After losing 14 one run games in a row they won one last week.

And then lost another tonight. So they've lost 15 out of their last 16 one run games.

That's like total insanity. Total fluke shit.
                    It's not just a fluke.

If you look at the total picture, you'd notice that the team is involved in a lot of close games, and they're basically in a win some/lose some sort of thing, as is the case with most teams.

By total picture, I mean entire season which is the only thing that really matters.

Their awful overall run differential supports their bad record. They're a bad team because they've played like a bad team.

The month of June was somewhat of an aberration, but then again, the same thing can be said for the unsustainable success they were having in one-run games earlier in the year.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    What the front office tells the media and what they truly believe are two different things. No one will argue that June wasn't incredibly disappointing but it showed the flaws in this team and will hopefully allow the front office to make the necessary moves from here while we head into the new stadium.

No one is accepting mediocrity, but every one in a blue moon insane things happen in baseball. The Marlins went from 2 games out of 1st to 15 out in about 25 days. This isn't normal. It was a completely fluke thing to happen to the team. They lost something like 13 straight 1 run game (I don't even know if we've won a 1 run game recently).
                    I don't believe the Marlins are one of those teams.

I fully believe this front office thought this team could be competitive and make the playoffs if things went right.
                    Of course some things have gone wrong (not gonna hate on not making the playoffs), but I think it's inexcusable that they've been as bad as they have been. I think we can all agree that this team has no business being in last place.
                    Last edited by Erick; 07-04-2011, 11:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Aren't all teams involved in close games? Its fuckin baseball.. One run games happen a lot. We had ONE bad month. Shit happens. The team is deff a lot more watchable even tho they didn't score a run tonite.

Comment

Can we throw in Erick in a Nunez trade at the deadline.

Comment

we just could DFA Erick now.. Not sure the team would take him with Nunez

Comment

Working...
                          X