No announcement yet.

Former Marlins Since the Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mhm. I was just throwing that out there.

Comment

Gaby Sanchez:
      with Pirates: .269/.352/.436 (.788 OPS), 3 HR, 9 RBI in 78 ABs
      with Marlins: .210/.260/.306 (.566 OPS), 3 HR, 17 RBI in 183 ABs

Hanley Ramirez:
      with Dodgers: .260/.318/.492 (.810 OPS), 10 HR, 38 RBI in 181 ABs (only real difference is more homers)
      with Marlins: .246/.322/.428 (.750 OPS), 14 HR, 48 RBI in 353 ABs

Omar Infante:
      with Tigers: .261/.285/.389 (.674 OPS), 3 HR, 15 RBI in 157 ABs
      with Marlins: .287/.312/.442 (.754 OPS) in 328 ABs

Anibal Sanchez:
      with Tigers: 2-5, 4.40 ERA, 1.55 WHIP, 28K/11BB in 47 IP
      with Marlins: 5-7, 3.94 ERA, 1.26 WHIP, 110K/33BB in 121 IP

Randy Choate:
      with Dodgers: 0-0, 4 Holds, 3.48 ERA, 1.84 WHIP in 10.1 IP
      with Marlins: 0-0, 15 Holds, 2.49 ERA, 0.99 WHIP in 25.1 IP
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Edward Mujica for St. Louis: 20app 12hld 0.47era 19ip 12ha 1er 2bb 15k

Comment

lololol i forgot about mujica cause fuck that guy
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

So yeah...that tear Hanley was on was pretty much a ruse.

Sad to say, but the guy is pretty much done being an elite player. Those shoulder problems really took their toll.

Comment

Matt Dominguez
              Astros: .283/.321/.566 (.887 OPS), 4 HR, 10 RBI in 56 PA
              Sanchez life

Comment

Hit a huge homer against Philly yesterday, too. It's gonna be funny if he turns into a good hitter. He probably won't, but it will still be funny.

Comment

At least we got Carlos Lee to still finish in last. Such a stupid trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                    At least we got Carlos Lee to still finish in last. Such a stupid trade.
                    At the time it was very reasonable for them to believe they were buyers and not sellers.

Keeping Hanley, Anibal and Infante would have been a far worse move than adding Carlos Lee when they did.

Comment

I don't agree and I said so at the time.

Comment

My problem with the trade was this:

Every was pointing to Gaby's OPS and how Carlos Lee, while having a shitty OPS, was still 200 points here.

That's not good logic. What matters is the production going forward, not the previous months. If you honestly believed that Gaby was a .550 OPS bat, then sure but that wouldn't really be a good bet.

Chances based off history, Gaby was going to put up an OPS around what Lee does.

And since the trade, it's Gaby with the .100 OPS lead (Albeit half the PAs)

I really don't understand how one can justify that trade even at the time of it. Acquiring someone wasn't a bad idea, I'm not saying we shouldn't have not replaced Gaby. But Carlos Lee was dumb. He's at best an average hitter who can't field and can't run. He's not good. It would have been one thing to grab an OFer to move Logan to 1b or something like that. But Carlos Lee sucks at this point in his career, he shouldn't be starting for anybody, and yet we traded for him.
                        --------------------
                        It'll be very hard for me to still be a fan of this franchise if these two things happen in the off season:

1) Marlins re-sign Lee to play 1b
                        2) Marlins don't lock up Stanton.

If even one happens, it'll be hard enough. If both happen...
                        Last edited by nny; 09-14-2012, 11:05 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by dgriot View Post
                          Matt Dominguez
                          Astros: .283/.321/.566 (.887 OPS), 4 HR, 10 RBI in 56 PA
                          But Matt Dominguez has no value and sucks now.
                          That's what I was told at the time of the trade.
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                          At the time it was very reasonable for them to believe they were buyers and not sellers.

Keeping Hanley, Anibal and Infante would have been a far worse move than adding Carlos Lee when they did.
                          Not really.
                          Last edited by Erick; 09-15-2012, 02:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

let's not judge him on this very small sample size

that being said, he's been very good thus far

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post

Every was pointing to Gaby's OPS and how Carlos Lee, while having a shitty OPS, was still 200 points here.

That's not good logic. What matters is the production going forward, not the previous months. If you honestly believed that Gaby was a .550 OPS bat, then sure but that wouldn't really be a good bet.

Chances based off history, Gaby was going to put up an OPS around what Lee does.

I really don't understand how one can justify that trade even at the time of it. Acquiring someone wasn't a bad idea, I'm not saying we shouldn't have not replaced Gaby. But Carlos Lee was dumb. He's at best an average hitter who can't field and can't run. He's not good. It would have been one thing to grab an OFer to move Logan to 1b or something like that. But Carlos Lee sucks at this point in his career, he shouldn't be starting for anybody, and yet we traded for him.
                              --------------------
                              It'll be very hard for me to still be a fan of this franchise if these two things happen in the off season:

Great post.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post

--------------------

I'd add

3) Solano starts at 2B / Bonifacio CF

Comment

Working...
                                X