Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've already given up on the chances of this team contending next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
      I've already given up on the chances of this team contending next season.
      I mean, without Fernandez it was likely never in the cards unless everything went right.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
        I mean, without Fernandez it was likely never in the cards unless everything went right.
        it could have been possible, if they started spending near $80M like Bobob has been talking about. But not at $65M and with their plan for building a roster.

Comment

• @JaneMLB: AL source says A's are involved in multi-player deal. On verge of trading big piece for three or four players.
          Twitter

You never know lol. Could be us.
          --------------------
          @Ken_Rosenthal: One source says #Athletics working on multiple trades. All teams are for most part, but source says, “This is Billy re-working the club.”
          Twitter
          --------------------
          I think they're looking for bats. Maybe something with Braves & Upton?
          Last edited by Big Z; 11-28-2014, 08:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            That is my twitter JOKING JOKING

No clue who he is but have been hearing the same thing. They have been discussing Trumbo/Miley with Arizona
            Can you please, PLEASE, just post normally. We know you dont have inside information. We have told you this constantly. There is absolutely no reason to keep your little act up. None. Zip. Zilch. You just look like a fucking douche who wants to feel important. Your super dooper insider information has always amazingly consisted of you posting something "juicy" after it has been put up on a rumor baseball site. Sometimes you are quick about it. But your "inside information" is nothing more than anyone else here has. So please, drop this annoying fucking charade. We know you are a fraud, and not even a convincing fraud. Posting shit like "I am hearing" "we might" and other asinine bullshit just keeps hammering the point home. This is a message board, post like a normal fucking message board poster. You are nothing fucking special, you have no access to any information that isnt posted about on rumor websites. So please, for the love of fuck, give it up already you fuck. NO ONE HERE takes you seriously because we know you are full of fucking shit.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• --------------------
              Oh, it's Donaldson to Blue Jays per ya boy Ken Rosenthal.
              Last edited by thatnewguy; 11-28-2014, 09:05 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                it could have been possible, if they started spending near $80M like Bobob has been talking about. But not at $65M and with their plan for building a roster.
                The path to an 85-win team is pretty clear with this roster, and it would really only cost them about $85 million this season. What's so frustrating is they either don't have to means to follow that path or don't have the ability to see it. Either possibility should make us worried that nothing's going to change after the Stanton extension.
                poop

Comment

• Really wish Miami would take a flyer on Kyle Blanks. He was just designated for assignment by Oakland.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• He wouldn't be an awful pickup. Better than Jones
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Reports have said that fish want a LH bat to replace Jones. I think they go after Brandon Moss, who is not a FA until 2017.

I like Blanks too but he has never played more than 88 games. I'm assuming it's injury related?

Comment

• Injuries and getting sent to the minors because he's not very good.

Comment

• Neither is Jones
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Really hate the idea of getting a "left handed bat" versus "best player available." I don't care if they get Moss if it doesn't cost a lot (as can be said with anyone), but that's probably not going to happen and he's probably not a best player available given other options which are seemingly available elsewhere. Likewise, I fear a move like that would be the Marlins "big move" versus going out and getting bigger guys. A move like that should be the 3rd-4th biggest move of the off season and not the marquee acquisition.

Can only hope they are doing things 'backwards' and they are just waiting on Shields/FA SP market to develop post Lester and Max setting the ceiling, and for Robertson to sign to set the RP market.

They are around $42 million if Cishek and Eovaldi are traded off the team, so if it's a $60-70 payroll, that's $18-28 to spend. Goes up more if they can get rid of Jones $5. A lot of assets in play here.

Comment

• One intriguing possibility is Miami, where the Marlins are looking to add several pieces in the aftermath of the big Giancarlo Stanton signing. The park is a good fit for Peavy, the rotation is young and promising and, as an added bonus, general manager Dan Jennings is a fellow Alabaman. Baseball sources said the Marlins have already had some dialogue with Peavy's camp this offseason.
                              http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11...eavy-lot-prove

Elsewhere in the article it says: "So where does Peavy fall in that spectrum in terms of his portfolio and financial expectations? Two MLB talent evaluators compared him to Tim Hudson, who signed a two-year, $23 million contract with the Giants last winter. Bronson Arroyo, who signed a two-year, $23.5 million contract with the Arizona Diamondbacks last February with a third-year option, also springs to mind as a comparable."

I'd love him on a deal like that.

Comment

• Would prefer them to try McCarthy at that price, but he would be a good add.

Comment

Working...
                                X