Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can agree with the rest, but I don't see how Cosart has more upside than Eovaldi.

I'm not on board of trading an Alvarez or Eovaldi till Fernandez is back and pitching well.
    Last edited by marlinsfan24; 08-16-2014, 04:56 PM.

Comment

We all hate Hech? I don't hate Hech. Guarantee you Hech has a better career than the guy you say is an option at 2B (Dietrich). @Lou
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

You don't think he should be replaced?

Comment

No unless its an All-star SS
          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Even then...I haven't seen many better defensive SS's than Hech. He's unbelievable out there. Last year was his first full season. Most here are much too hard on him. He's been very consistent this season. 7 triples. He has a great opposite field game.
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
              No unless its an All-star SS
              Alright.

Comment

He's the best

Comment

Among major league SS he's 7th in BA, 16th in OPS. He could afford to walk more but he usually hits in front of the pitcher so he has to be swinging.
                  STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

26th WAR at SS, 250 PA minimum.

Comment

Not the worst! Woooo

Comment

I'm in the middle on his defense though. He's overrated by the "scout" types, but I don't buy the metrics that say he's ass either. It doesn't add up.

Its not just our front office either, one of MLBs official twitter accounts was hyping him for gold glove yesterday.

I think he's at least a solid defensive shortstop.

Comment

Waltz mentioned a flaw in the way advanced defensive statistics are counted (defensive shifts were mentioned) during the telecast Thurs or Fri night.

I have no idea if he was pulling shit out of his ass or not.

Personally, I find it very hard to believe that Hech is anything less than an above average defensive player.
                          --------------------
                          He needs to hit a fucking HR once a while, though. It's obnoxious.
                          Last edited by Namaste; 08-17-2014, 12:24 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Defensive metrics are flawed, I don't think anyone even questions that. It's surprising to see such a vast difference though.

I'd like to find one person who watches him play and thinks he's bad defensively, outside of what those metrics say. My issue with the front office take on this is they go to far with it and act like he's prime Omar Vizquel crossed with Ozzie Smith.
                            --------------------
                            I wish he'd walk more. If he had 15 more walks, he'd be hitting .277/.341/.353 instead of his .306 obp and he'd be a lot less hated around here. Still not great, but you could live with it.
                            Last edited by HUGG; 08-17-2014, 12:57 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                              Waltz mentioned a flaw in the way advanced defensive statistics are counted (defensive shifts were mentioned) during the telecast Thurs or Fri night.

I have no idea if he was pulling shit out of his ass or not.

Personally, I find it very hard to believe that Hech is anything less than an above average defensive player.
                              --------------------
                              He needs to hit a fucking HR once a while, though. It's obnoxious.
                              That is my biggest problem with those metrics. They don't take starting position into account.

Comment

I don't believe Hech is a gold glover, but watching him play almost everyday, I don't buy the metrics either. Imo, he's slightly below average at worst and slightly above average at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X