No announcement yet.

Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance loria just jumped in on both chap and jensen to drive the prices up to get more back with the luxury tax crazy thought but loria is kind of crazy lol

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
      Ken Rosenthal is saying Jansen and the Dodgers are close to a deal.
      They knew this as soon as Chapman made his decision. Jansen's agent went back to LA and said here is Miami's offer come close and he will resign.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Some really bad acquisitions by the Marlins in 3.......2.........1
      Might actually see some decent pickups actually Joe. Could see 2 of Ziegler/Tazawa/Feliz/Salas AND more(SP/Bat)

We won't be spending 80 million but we should get a few guys who can help us
      Plus now the fans can go back to saying 80 million and a pick for a closer, I wish Jeff Loria wasn't a cheapskate.

I hate the guy but u can't say that this offseason,he offered cash but they said NO

An idea floating around is trade with the White Sox-Robertson and possible even more for stuff?? Assume DD/Castillo/young arm like Urena,Wittgren,Ellington would get looks

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
      I can't wait for the inevitable "Marlins revisiting Buchholz trade" tweet
      Doubtful-the Buchholz thing was more about Luis Castillo in the deal for him. U could get a better SP(cheaper too) in return for Castillo if u wanted to trade him
      Last edited by tjfla; 12-12-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Mish says Marlins offer was 5/86. With no state tax, that means Jensen took over $10m less to stay in LA

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post

- - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - -

Doubtful-the Buchholz thing was more about Luis Castillo in the deal for him. U could get a better SP(cheaper too) in return for Castillo if u wanted to trade him
          Agreed. We could get Colin Rea for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
            Agreed. We could get Colin Rea for him.
            Come on we could get a better injured pitcher than that especially since the FO now realizes he has value

Comment

• wish we had the stuff to go after quintana
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                wish we had the stuff to go after quintana
                We dont. Well we could have but already traded Martes to Houston

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                  Mish says Marlins offer was 5/86. With no state tax, that means Jensen took over $10m less to stay in LA
                  I hope Loria realizes this is because he runs a clown organization. I'm not surprised at all.

Also I feel this is just the tip of the iceberg and a sign of things to come. Stanton will opt out for a lower contract too. Dude will still have hundreds of millions - what's the point of staying here to buy a 5th yacht versus playing for a real team in a real baseball city.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  We dont. Well we could have but already traded Martes to Houston

Wouldn't hypothetically Garret, Castillo, Dietrich, and a throw in arm be enough? I am really not up to date on prospects, but thats an early 1st rounder, a guy multiple teams covet as a prospect as a future 3/4, an established bat with years of experience, and projectable bullpen arms? I mean its not the Sale deal, but he ain't Sale (although still exceptionally good). Just saying? They could probably get 1 if they blew out the farm?

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                    I hope Loria realizes this is because he runs a clown organization. I'm not surprised at all.

Also I feel this is just the tip of the iceberg and a sign of things to come. Stanton will opt out for a lower contract too. Dude will still have hundreds of millions - what's the point of staying here to buy a 5th yacht versus playing for a real team in a real baseball city.

- - - - - - - - - -

Wouldn't hypothetically Garret, Castillo, Dietrich, and a throw in arm be enough? I am really not up to date on prospects, but thats an early 1st rounder, a guy multiple teams covet as a prospect as a future 3/4, an established bat with years of experience, and projectable bullpen arms? I mean its not the Sale deal, but he ain't Sale (although still exceptionally good). Just saying? They could probably get 1 if they blew out the farm?
                    They asked Houston for Martes,Kyle Tucker and Musgrove. Got countered with Martes and Daz Cameron Said NO

Gonna say they are looking for guys with 1/2 years of the majors OR very high end(Tucker) for everything. Read report that they wanna be rebuilt in 3 years instead of 5/6 so
                    Last edited by tjfla; 12-12-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Jansen can opt out of his deal after 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                        5/80

They had the highest bid, with no state income tax, on both Chapman and Jansen and lost out on both. What a time.
                        I feel like this has happened a few times over the past few years. Marlins give the highest dollar value offer to a big name free agent but get rejected.

I'm not upset because again I didn't want all that money tied into a closer anyway, but it is frustrating to see the Marlins wasted almost all of their time at the Winter Meetings waiting for Jansen. Team lost out on Uehara because of waiting for Jansen.

I think Brad Ziegler is a top prize of his own this offseason. Get him here for 2 years, $16 million and make him closer. Get either Hammel or Fister along with him and I'm content with the offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                          I feel like this has happened a few times over the past few years. Marlins give the highest dollar value offer to a big name free agent but get rejected.

I'm not upset because again I didn't want all that money tied into a closer anyway, but it is frustrating to see the Marlins wasted almost all of their time at the Winter Meetings waiting for Jansen. Team lost out on Uehara because of waiting for Jansen.

I think Brad Ziegler is a top prize of his own this offseason. Get him here for 2 years, $16 million and make him closer. Get either Hammel or Fister along with him and I'm content with the offseason.
                          Ziegler wouldn't close over Ramos.
                          Hammel and Fister both stink so pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                            Garrett definitely has value simply on the basis of where he was picked. I don't think or would want the Marlins to be shopping him before he's even thrown a minor league pitch since he's giving me a Heaney vibe from the very small about of video I've seen.

Castillo is one of our top prospects, but the truth was he wasn't really on anybody's radar before this season. His future was seen as a reliever, and he's still not seen as anything higher than a low end major league starter at best in terms of projection. I also feel as if the Marlins have hurt Dietrich's value over the years by never having him be a regular starter. I'd be interested to see how other teams value him (he feels like a perfect Epstein project), but I don't see his market being all that high.

Plus from what we've seen on the trade market there are some high price tags being put on trades. I honestly do not believe the Marlins have what it takes to trade for just about any major league talent with their current farm. It took the very top of the system to just get questionable players like Cashner, Rodney, Cervenka, etc...

Comment

You don't want Hammel?

Define "stink" please?

Comment

Ziegler is a better current player than Ramos. I'm sure the team would have Ramos closing to open the year but I can promise that Ziegler would get that job not too far after. He went 20 appearances in a row without allowing an ER last year. He's baseball old and doesn't have a future with the team, but he's an All Star in the present.
                                Last edited by dim; 12-12-2016, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X