No announcement yet.

Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with an Encarnacion or even a Trumbo signing is they seem to like Bour against righties alot. Not sure 24 million for 1 year and since fish16 will read this a 1st Rd pick is worth benching a guy who isn't that bad when u can get a Chris Carter/Plouffe or someone else who can hit lefties for 8 million.

U sign Plouffe for 8 million. He can play 1B against LHP/LF and even give Prado a day off at 3B instead of Rojas. If u sign Encarnacion,u are going to move Bour to the bench and hoping he can handle 1B fulltime

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Problem with an Encarnacion or even a Trumbo signing is they seem to like Bour against righties alot. Not sure 24 million for 1 year and since fish16 will read this a 1st Rd pick is worth benching a guy who isn't that bad when u can get a Chris Carter/Plouffe or someone else who can hit lefties for 8 million.

U sign Plouffe for 8 million. He can play 1B against LHP/LF and even give Prado a day off at 3B instead of Rojas. If u sign Encarnacion,u are going to move Bour to the bench and hoping he can handle 1B fulltime
      Yeah, that's a fair enough argument/good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Problem with an Encarnacion or even a Trumbo signing is they seem to like Bour against righties alot. Not sure 24 million for 1 year and since fish16 will read this a 1st Rd pick is worth benching a guy who isn't that bad when u can get a Chris Carter/Plouffe or someone else who can hit lefties for 8 million.

Lol, i dont care about the first round pick if its for an everyday player. My problem with the first round pick is for the closer on a team that isnt a closer away. As for the Bour thing, while I somewhat agree, he hasn't earned the full time job because he couldnt stay healthy last year. As a worst case scenario him off the bench is not a bad thing at all. Or if he has value, which he probably would, combine him with Ramos or something and get a good piece back through trade. I like Bour, but he hasnt played enough and he isnt good enough to be something that gets in the way of a potential 40 HR guy being added to the middle of the lineup.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also, I just saw infante got signed to a minor league deal by Detroit. Wow, that career tanked pretty quickly. I would have taken a shot on him. I liked him when he was here.

Edit- Just saw his last 3 years, I immediately regret my words. he's been terrible.

Comment

• No news on Jansen until atleast tommorrow night but a tweet from Heyman about who we are looking at. The (Depending) is if we don't get him and other P's include Fires,McHugh from Houston,Tommy Milone,Neftali Feliz,Fernando Salas. If we do get Jansen we still might look at another or 2 on that list

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman · 3h3 hours ago

Marlins, dodgers, nats waiting on Jansen. On radar for MM (depending): fister, chacin, feldman, tazawa, ziegler, other Ps

- - - - - - - - - -

If we sign Jansen dont be surprised if we get one more arm and then sign 2 or 3 good but injury concern arms on minors deals. Like a CJ Wilson. Guys who might not be ready till June or July

If not than we could be adding 2 or 3 arms from that list

Comment

• For the money they're talking about spending you could get so-so player bad contracts and probably be just as competitive. That'd. R a better route (absorb other teams money) than overpay the non difference makers on the market for four or five years.

Comment

• While we're waiting for Jansen to decide I'm just gonna tell the short story that I got banned from the other site a month ago for telling Larry to source a post where he made a claim about the Marlins being interested in somebody. He actually deleted my post after so there's literally no evidence of the incident happening. I'm pretty sure it's a politics thing since I posted pro-Hillary stuff on the site. I dunno but whatever reason is pretty dumb since I wasn't even arguing or was even upset with him. He came across like a pretty whiny child.

Oh well. Guess I'll just be using one Marlins site with 4 active users rather than two. Please 'Cool Story Bro' me now.
              Last edited by dim; 12-11-2016, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Angels got Danny espinosa for two nobody prospects. Why weren't we in on him?
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  Angels got Danny espinosa for two nobody prospects. Why weren't we in on him?
                  5.5 million for someone who does most of his damage against lefties and can play 3B/SS/2B probably 1B too. Makes too much sense for us-PASS HAHA

Thought same thing especially since they gave him away-could have traded Esch and Kinley or even less . The UT market seems to be 5-6 million a year however think we are waiting for the price to come down

Comment

• They really let Jansen sit on that offer until the Dodgers came back to the table lmaoooo

Can't wait to see what stupid thing they do now

Comment

• Ken Rosenthal is saying Jansen and the Dodgers are close to a deal.

Comment

• 5/80 for Jensen and the Dodgers

Comment

• 5/80

They had the highest bid, with no state income tax, on both Chapman and Jansen and lost out on both. What a time.

Comment

• Some really bad acquisitions by the Marlins in 3.......2.........1

Comment

• I can't wait for the inevitable "Marlins revisiting Buchholz trade" tweet

Comment

• Don't worry guys, we might get Jhoulys Chacin.

Comment

Working...
                                X