Miami Marlins 2016 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
    Where did he say that? It's not on twitter.
    MLBN.

Comment

• Uehara is nearing a deal with the Cubs

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
        Uehara is nearing a deal with the Cubs
        Rumored to be for $4.5M.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benched View Post
          MLBN.
          Interesting. I'd probably rather him.

Comment

• Cubs continue to understand the market better than anybody else.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
              Cubs continue to understand the market better than anybody else.

do they?
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• They let chapman go. They got another elite closer in Davis by giving up from a position of strength (Soler). And now they have a solid middle reliever former closer in uehara for rodney money. I'd say they get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                  Uehara is nearing a deal with the Cubs
                  They keep playing with Jansen and Tazawa/Ziegler will be gone next

Cut bait with Jansen. Sign Ziegler and Tazawa then use money on Trumbo
                  Last edited by tjfla; 12-08-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Forget Jansen he clearly doesn't want to be in Miami. I would love to see them go for Ziegler and a LHRP like maybe Travis Wood instead of two RHRP. I am intrigued with having Wood as it would give them another pinch hitter as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
                      Forget Jansen he clearly doesn't want to be in Miami. I would love to see them go for Ziegler and a LHRP like maybe Travis Wood instead of two RHRP. I am intrigued with having Wood as it would give them another pinch hitter as well.
                      They wanted Wood but heard his contract demands and cooled on him. 3/30 and he wants to start

Comment

They let chapman go. They got another elite closer in Davis by giving up from a position of strength (Soler). And now they have a solid middle reliever former closer in uehara for rodney money. I'd say they get it.

They paid a premium in picks to rent Chapman and now for Davis. Obviously Chapman helped them win a title, but is it worse to pay through the nose with prospects, or with cash?

Comment

• I like Soler, but he isn't "premium price". Plus it's worth it to keep a great closer and not pay $86 million for it. Chapman trade was clearly worth it since he was a big part in them winning a WS.

It's part of the benefit of drafting well, having international free agent money and having a smart front office when making free agent signings. You can sacrifice a player who would be a top prospect in multiple systems but was just a #4 outfielder for them.

Comment

• I'm also pretty sure the cubs are going to make a large part of their money back in ticket sales

Comment

Cubs continue to understand the market better than anybody else.

Epstein is a master of market inefficiencies. He went with building through pitching before a lot of other teams in the steroid era and realized there was a premium on young controllable good hitting when he went to the Cubs, and built that team that way. He's incredible.

There was a great article on his thinking with regard to that either earlier this year or last year.
                              Last edited by fish16; 12-08-2016, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                Epstein is a master of market inefficiencies. He went with building through pitching before a lot of other teams in the steroid era and realized there was a premium on young controllable good hitting when he went to the Cubs, and built that team that way. He's incredible.
                                For his next trick, he should somehow build Miami into a perennial contender with Loria at the top....hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X