No announcement yet.

Cody Ross Rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was the last time we traded for a good hitter midseason?

Paul Lo Duca?

(my mind might seriously be drawing a blank, so if we did bring someone cool in then my apologies)

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      What if the prospect we get is like a 'c' but we get a good hitter out of it?
      Well, let's think for a minute; if the Reds and Yankees are in fact the two teams involved, what hitter could we possibly get in return? I can't think of another player we could realistically get back that would be better/as good as Ross.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
        When was the last time we traded for a good hitter midseason?

Paul Lo Duca?

(my mind might seriously be drawing a blank, so if we did bring someone cool in then my apologies)
        Nope, as bad as it sounds PLD is it.

I don't see the FO pulling off such a stupid deal. Yeah they pulled off the LD trade, but that one didn't have universal disapproval.

Comment

The 3 way makes alot of sense especially when yesterday I was told it was us talking to Cincy about a pitcher.

The thing about what the guy said about Cashman talking to us seems to make sense. My only thing about that is I do not thing Hill has any say when it comes to anything.

Maybe we do a Hermida to Cincy for Arroyo and Rhodes then Arroyo and Ross to NY Yankees for ???

Comment

Really don't understand how we can say we're competing this year if we move Cody. Really, really don't.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

As part of a bigger deal it makes sense, but if we're getting any spex in return, it's full on sale mode.

Comment

I don't believe the front office is making moves for this year. If we win, so be it.

Comment

Ryan Freel is no longer with the Reds.

::wipes brow::

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                    Really don't understand how we can say we're competing this year if we move Cody. Really, really don't.
                    There are ways that the front office may see it as a possibility. It may or may not work out, but I don't see why trading Cody means we are not trying to compete this year. Sometimes ya gotta trade something of value to get something of value. We are going to lose somebody we are a fan of probably if we are going to get something of value in return. We may not get what we want in this or every situation, but that tends to be the thing most dont understand, instead just getting upset that we may have to trade a guy they like. Perhaps the FO thinks trading Cody and getting another starting pitcher and bringing up Maybin could be successful. Perhaps Cody could go somewhere with other guys and bring in a 3B or LF upgrade and then Maybin replaces Ross. There are a bunch of options, some may not work, some might, all might not, who knows. But trading Cody, and here it is trading Cody and no other info on what we would get in return and what other moves we would make or attempt to make, does not ring some sort of special white flag bell

Comment

Trading Cody makes limited sense because he's been our best OF, especially considering there are two higher regarded potential players in our OF with him. I think you deal Coghlan, Hermida, or even Maybin first if you are going for this year especially considering Ross' cost.
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        I don't believe the front office is making moves for this year. If we win, so be it.
                        I have the same feeling. I think the mind set is to get high value for guys who won't be here next year(Ross,Hermida) and if we keep winning good and if not they don't care

I know for a fact Cincy likes and wants Jeremy Hermida the only problem had been they wanted give up crap for him. Now that Jay Bruce is out they could use him and would be an upgrade in the OF for them no matter what.
                        --------------------
                        Does anyone know what Rhodes contract is? Did they sign him for 1 or 2 years
                        Last edited by tjfla; 07-28-2009, 01:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Arthur Rhodes
                          # 2 years/$4M (2009-10)

* signed by Cincinnati as free agent 12/12/08
                          * 09:$2M, 10:$2M

Comment

The deal keeps making more and more sense to me

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              The deal keeps making more and more sense to me
                              the deal in which we ship out 2/3 of our starting outfield?

Comment

For a forty-something reliever and prospects.

Comment

Working...
                                X