Cincy-No clue?? Possibly Jeremy Hermida
      NY-Cody Ross and Harang or Arroyo
      Florida-Arthur Rhodes,a player most likely a bat, and prospects
      poop

Comment

Thank you bobchris

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          I wonder if Cody's defense makes up for .200 points of offense from Hammer

(not being a dick, legit wondering)
          Okay, well I was saying for the money (Cody's $2.25 salary) but I see that Hammer makes just $2.95. I thought he had a bigger contract. You win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            Reading comprehension for the win:

Cincy-No clue?? Possibly Jeremy Hermida
            NY-Cody Ross and Harang or Arroyo
            Florida-Arthur Rhodes,a player most likely a bat, and prospects
            You really think this "bat" is going to be anything special?

Comment

So we're gonna carry 3 lefties in the pen or is Pinto going to be traded away for a gaggle of baseball bats.

Comment

Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                What's to say it won't be?

Comment

Signing Kotsay would be such an unspeakable abortion of justice and all that is good in the universe

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                    What's to say it won't be?
                    Unless we're including other stuff in the deal (such as Hermida, like TJ speculated), Cody Ross is not going to bring back Rhodes, a prospect(s), and a good hitter. I'm not sure Cody + Herms would do it, either.

Comment

I just don't get the jumping to conclusions and the jumping to angry conclusions thing. I'll be pissed if certain things happen, indifferent if others happen and excited if others happen. But right now, where I don't really know whats going on and neither do you, getting upset over the very limited info we may or may not even have seems strange. You said it'd be cool if we got things we need most and added a bullpen arm but it'd be terrible if we got the bullpen arm as our big acquisition. I can agree with that, but just because we have information that we may be going after Arthur Rhodes, can we imply that the Fish plan on that being their huge acquisition and ending their dealings there?

Comment

I think that is a safer bet than us just giving up Cody for nothing, which is what most of you are saying.
                        poop

Comment

Is it really a lock that we bring back Pavano? Tj thinks so. What y'all thinks? I wouldn't be against it.

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
                            I just don't get the jumping to conclusions and the jumping to angry conclusions thing. I'll be pissed if certain things happen, indifferent if others happen and excited if others happen. But right now, where I don't really know whats going on and neither do you, getting upset over the very limited info we may or may not even have seems strange. You said it'd be cool if we got things we need most and added a bullpen arm but it'd be terrible if we got the bullpen arm as our big acquisition. I can agree with that, but just because we have information that we may be going after Arthur Rhodes, can we imply that the Fish plan on that being their huge acquisition and ending their dealings there?
                            I understand where you're coming from, but we've pretty much already said that our top prospects are off-limits, and if we do in fact deal Cody and Hermida in the same deal, we lose two pretty big trade chips. Can you realistically see us acquiring a nice bat if we make a move like this? Also, UNLESS there is more to this rumor than we know, I can't see Ross + Hermida bringing back that big of a haul; I just can't.

And, for the record, I'm not really jumping to conclusions; I'm just saying I'd be VERY pissed IF we made this deal.

Comment

I understand where you're coming from, but we've pretty much already said that our top prospects are off-limits, and if we do in fact deal Cody and Hermida in the same deal, we lose two pretty big trade chips. Can you realistically see us acquiring a nice bat if we make a move like this? Also, UNLESS there is more to this rumor than we know, I can't see Ross + Hermida bringing back that big of a haul; I just can't.

And, for the record, I'm not really jumping to conclusions; I'm just saying I'd be VERY pissed IF we made this deal.
                              Yeah, my comments were mostly for everyone. It seems that one rumor turns into everyone freaking out and getting angry about all sorts of things that are just further speculation on top of speculation.

Comment

What if the prospect we get is like a 'c' but we get a good hitter out of it?
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X