No announcement yet.

Marlins trade Mat Latos, Mike Morse to LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Hill should apologize to the fans and the league. Instead of trying to get guys that can help a team win,he is more interested in making sure Uncle Jeff is able to take trips and look at art.

This is a joke of a FO. Trade after trade we are seeing actual prospects traded,while we are more interested in just clearing cash. We do NOT spend salary or even IFA cash

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Mike Hill should apologize to the fans and the league. Instead of trying to get guys that can help a team win,he is more interested in making sure Uncle Jeff is able to take trips and look at art.

This is a joke of a FO. Trade after trade we are seeing actual prospects traded,while we are more interested in just clearing cash. We do NOT spend salary or even IFA cash
      Shouldn't your source have told you this is how things work 6 years ago

Comment

• Training camp started today so i guess there's that

Comment

• To be fair, it seems like Hill's quote is being taken out of context, but whatever, fuck them, anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
            To be fair, it seems like Hill's quote is being taken out of context, but whatever, fuck them, anyway.
            This is how he said it:

“I would hope our fans are educated enough to see what we’re doing here,” he said. “Our goal is to be one of 10 and play for a championship. That is our goal and still remains our goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
              This is how he said it:
              So we're buyers?

Comment

This is how he said it:
                Yeah, I don't really see the big deal about that. And if you watch the video, his response isn't necessarily mean-spirited or anything. Not as if he went Ruben Amaro and called the fans dumb or something. This is an example of the media and fanbase making too much out of nothing because they hate the front office for other reasons. It wasn't a big deal.

Comment

• If the media didn't spin things like this negatively I'd be worried because it shows they've given up on the club completely

Comment

• It didn't seem mean spirited. It seemed stupid, ignorant, naive and patronizing. It seemed like he just doesn't have a clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                      It didn't seem mean spirited. It seemed stupid, ignorant, naive and patronizing. It seemed like he just doesn't have a clue.
                      No, honestly it just seemed like the PR thing to say. No club ever really admits to being sellers even when they are. In context, what he said was basically that the team has a core in place and he hopes fans see that. It's fine to disagree with that, but there's really nothing with him saying it.

What I thought was more insulting to the fanbase was his explanation as to why Ozuna is still in the minor leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        No, honestly it just seemed like the PR thing to say. No club ever really admits to being sellers even when they are. In context, what he said was basically that the team has a core in place and he hopes fans see that. It's fine to disagree with that, but there's really nothing with him saying it.

What I thought was more insulting to the fanbase was his explanation as to why Ozuna is still in the minor leagues.
                        Nah. It may not have been mean spirited, but the word choice does deserve criticism. Samson's called fans dumb in the past, so the organization is walking on eggshells.

Comment

Nah. It may not have been mean spirited, but the word choice does deserve criticism. Samson's called fans dumb in the past, so the organization is walking on eggshells.
                          Well, Samson is a jackass.
                          But, honestly, if you watch the whole entire interview, Hill was just saying that this trade does nothing to disrupt what they're trying to accomplish, and he said that there was a core in place. He cited specific examples like Jose, Stanton, Dee (who he called the best leadoff hitter in baseball...obviously wrong and part of what's wrong with this team, but point is he's still a core player), Hech, etc. And then he did the whole we want to be 1 of the last 10 playing, which is basically something every organization says.

Maybe he could've used a different word other than "educated," but this just seems like making a big deal about nothing.

Comment

• Instead we are one of the first ones done. I need a new team to watch. I feel like we get kicked in the dick every yr lol

Comment

• 12 years since our last October. They are well educated in how not to make the playoffs.

Comment

• One could argue they're educating us how to not run a franchise...

Comment

Working...
                                X