• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef, call me.

Comment

Straight to voicemail

Comment

If anything, these guys had nothing but glowing praise for the ballpark.

Comment

It seems it will never end until there is a change in ownership. That can't come quick enough

Comment

According to sources, the Marlins are hiring three familiar names with organizational ties for their TV analyst job: Al Leiter, Eduardo Perez and Preston Wilson.The three will share the 150-game package, alongside Rich Waltz. They replace Tommy Hutton, whose contract was not renewed.
            Leiter, 49, pitched three of his 19 big league seasons with the Marlins, including the 1997 World Series champions, and went 162-132 in his career. He has worked for Fox and ESPN and most recently for MLB Network and the Yankees' YES Network.
            Perez, 46, was the Marlins hitting coach from June 2011 through the 2012 season. The former big league first and third baseman was Houston's bench coach in 2013 and worked for ESPN since then, his second stint with the network.
            Wilson, 44, played for the Marlins for 4 1/2 years of a 10-year career in which he hit .264 with 189 homers and 668 RBI. He has worked primarily as a studio analyst for Marlins coverage on Fox Sports Florida in recent years, though he did work a few games in the booth. The Marlins and Fox have not determined how many games each analyst will do.
            http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...-quantita.html

Called PW, who I do like, and I'm a big fan of Leiter. Perez is pretty terrible at everything he does IMO.

Interesting arrangement to have those guys sharing duties instead of one guy.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post

Called PW, who I do like, and I'm a big fan of Leiter. Perez is pretty terrible at everything he does IMO.

Yankees do the rotating color analysts on YES to pretty solid results. I think it'll be good. Hopefully Leiter gets a heavier amount. He's terrific.

Comment

My guess is Preston will get the heaviest load and Leiter will get the least
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Whoever comes the cheapest will the the most.

Would take Leiter all the time(Prolly wants to much $ for year round work) but don't mind Preston in spurts at all and Perez least he speaks clearly HAHA

Comment

Leiter does a great job on MLB Network. So he'll probably do the least. I don't mind Preston Wilson. It's almost like I'm rooting for him because when he first started behind the microphone he was so nervous and quite bad. He's gotten a lot better.

Perez? I have really low expectations.

Comment

Preston has also been part of the broadcast team already too, so I don't know if that makes him the definite "main" guy of the 3, or if he'd continue being one of the field reporters like last year with one of the other two up in the booth on days he's not in the booth.

I wonder how much of having 3 of them is a "see what sticks" type of thing to see who they (and/or fans) like best?

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Whoever comes the cheapest will the the most.

Would take Leiter all the time(Prolly wants to much $ for year round work) but don't mind Preston in spurts at all and Perez least he speaks clearly HAHA

HAHA

Comment

i'd much rather have tommy but preston and al should be fine.

eduardo perez, however, pretty much sucks at life.

- - - - - - - - - -

i also prefer the camaraderie that comes with a consistent pairing of announcers. the mix and match shit that some teams are doing these days annoys me.

Comment

I think PW will get the most too, but mostly because he's based out of Miami and works for FSF with no other commitments. I think Perez is still doing baseball for ESPN and Leiter is still doing it for MLBN and the YES Network. Expect to see these guys about half as much as PW just due to the logistics.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              Yeah, I was never his biggest fan, but the guy deserves an explanation. It's like the Marlins FO is on a mission this offseason to show that they are the most classless organization in all of sports.
                              Unfortunately they've had that reputation since Jeffrey Loria bought them

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                                The league would have to approve it anyways. Frank McCourt tried the same shit with the Dodgers and MLB stepped in. Maybe that's what they should do to get the ball rolling on a forced sale.
                                The Dodgers & Marlins are two completely different balls of wax.....the Dodgers are important to baseball, it's history, and its future. MLB couldn't give a rats behind about the Marlins, because of they did, Loria would have been gone 10 years ago.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Party View Post
                                Kind of incredible that Rich Waltz has been here 11 years. Seems like just yesterday everyone flipped out that Len Kasper left. I'm truly disappointed that Tommy won't be on TV anymore. His rants became frequent and were not something I remembered 5-6 years ago, but he's probably as frustrated as many of us have been.

I don't see what cost cutting measures would do at this point. It only invites more intervention from the Commissioner's office. These jokers can't honestly say they have a plan in place, like Houston did, to justify huge margins while being on MLB welfare. At some point the other clubs would protest, which I'm sure they have. I think this has to do with his on-air persona more than anything else.
                                The gumbling started this past Winter Meetings ( http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...s-tiny-revenue ) The other execs are starting to see Loria's game and call him on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X